By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Going to Best Buy in a few hours...Which of these games should I buy?

Best buy has a buy 2 get 1 free deal here in Canada. I got about a 100 bucks to spend and want to stock up on cheap games. If I play my cards right, I can score 6 games for 100 bucks.

I went through their pricing and games and the following are available for under 29 bucks each and I have not played them:

Dead Rising 19.99 (must buy, wanna play it again)

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard 19.99

Tomb Raider Anniversary 19.99

Mirrors Edge 19.99

Battle Stations 29.99

Bionic commando 29.99

Golden Axe 24.99

Hitman Blood money 19.99

Need For Speed Pro Street 19.99

Prince of Persia 19.99

Shawn White snowboarding 19.99

Terminator Salvation 19.99

Wanted Weapons of Fate 19.99

Keep in mind, I need to buy 4 games and I get 2 free. and I need to keep it around 100 bucks. I'm not looking for AAA blockbusters here, but something fun to fill the time until Bayonetta and Splinter Cell.

So which ones here would you pick if you could?

Around the Network

Thought that list of games is kinda terrible. If i had to have any of them it would be

Dead Rising. Its a good game. I got it for the 360

Mirrors Edge is kinda good as well. I got it last Xmas

Prince of Persia is ok. I have it for PC

And i would say Golden Axe because i loved the Megadrive ones but i aint played the PS360 one so.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

These are all games for your 360, correct?

My choices would be:

1. Dead Rising -- cannot get enough of that game

2. Hitman Blood Money -- awesome game especially after you've expressed interest in stealth-oriented games like Splinter Cell.

3. Mirror's Edge -- I don't know much about this game and I've always been interested, but it seems a worthy buy.

4. Prince of Persia -- supposedly a very good quality game.

For your free games, just use your best discretion.... I would steer clear of Golden Axe though, it's God-awful (and that sucks because I loved the Sega Genesis games)!

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

i was a bit disappointed in mirror's edge. there are some really really fun parts but there are also some really bad parts. if you have your expectations already adjusted to not looking for AAA titles then i can say i would recommend it.

My recommendations:

Dead Rising 19.99 (must buy, wanna play it again)

Tomb Raider Anniversary 19.99

Mirrors Edge 19.99

Hitman Blood money 19.99

Prince of Persia 19.99

As for Bionic Commando I think newegg has it for $12 so go there for it.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

1. Prince of Persia 19,99 ( awesome game )

2. Mirror´s edge 19,99 ( excellent game )

3. Tomb raider aniversary 19,99 ( excellent game)

4. Dead Rising 19,99 ( your choice )

total 79,96

free games - Hitman blood money

- Bionic commando ( can you get a 29,99 game buying those four 19,99 games? If not, put Bionic commnado  in the four and one of the 19,99 as a free game, this will make 89,96 $ for 6 games )

If you care about achievements get Terminator salvation http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/terminator-salvation/achievements/, you can get all these in 5 - 8 hours.

Don´t buy Pro Street ( horrible game )

Dead Rising and Mirror's Edge,

Prince of Persia is incredible (but not everyone would enjoy it) , Dead Rising is a fun title, and i remember playing hitman on a PC its v. fun

Mirror Edge + PoP, the rest is kinda crap...........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

thanks for suggestions guys.

I got Prince of persia, Mirrors edge, Eat Lead, Dead Rising, Bioshock and Tomb Raider.

I played Bioshock before but I didn't finish it so ill tackle that.

Total cost was 90 bucks after tax. :)