By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
rocketpig said:
O-D-C said:
The Fog

I initially thought you were talking about The Mist, which kicked ass and had one of the great horror movie endings of all time.

Then I read it again and thought "oh yeah, that's right... The Fog sucked".

What are your thoughts on the ending of The Thing? I would say that it's my favourite ending for a horror film of all time.

Around the Network

The Dark Knight, Terminator Salvation, The Proposal, Friday the 13th, Hannah Montanna the movie, Grease (not Grease 2

Cactus said:
rocketpig said:
O-D-C said:
The Fog

I initially thought you were talking about The Mist, which kicked ass and had one of the great horror movie endings of all time.

What are your thoughts on the ending of The Thing? I would say that it's my favourite ending for a horror film of all time.

The Thing had a great ending it also has a killer soundtrack composed by my favorite movie compser Ennio Morricone.

Chris Hu said:
Cactus said:
rocketpig said:
O-D-C said:
The Fog

The Thing had a great ending it also has a killer soundtrack composed by my favorite movie compser Ennio Morricone.

He's my favourite composer as well. I love the dollars trilogy, and The Good The bad & The Ugly is my favourite movie of all time, but if his music were to be taken out, the movie would lose a big part of what makes it such a complete package.

Cactus said:
rocketpig said:
O-D-C said:
The Fog

A great ending and one of the best Horror films ever.  Plus, gotta love the Morricone soundtrack.  Sublime, in a creepy way.

Also, I didn't like the changed ending to The Mist.  I loved the open ambiguity of the original ending.  I've often found Steven King endings a little sucky, but that time I thought he got it just right.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
rocketpig said:
O-D-C said:
The Fog

Please tell me you're kidding. I liked the film, it was enjoyable, but I thought the ending was one of the most ridiculous and and stupid endings I've ever seen

I loved the ending. In a movie that showed how terrible humanity can be in a crisis, that ending fit perfectly (even though they changed it from the book).

How was the ending ridiculous? Because it wasn't all lollipops and ice cream for the protagonists?

Another great ending to a horror film was The Descent. I love endings where everything goes to hell for the main characters.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
zexen_lowe said:
rocketpig said:
O-D-C said:
The Fog

Please tell me you're kidding. I liked the film, it was enjoyable, but I thought the ending was one of the most ridiculous and and stupid endings I've ever seen

I loved the ending. In a movie that showed how terrible humanity can be in a crisis, that ending fit perfectly (even though they changed it from the book).

How was the ending ridiculous? Because it wasn't all lollipops and ice cream for the protagonists?

Another great ending to a horror film was The Descent. I love endings where everything goes to hell for the main characters.

It's been a while since I watched that film, so I don't remember the exact sequence of what happened, but I find that it's not really believable, I mean, they commited suicide when nothing was happening! They could have waited a bit, at least to see if they were attacked. But no, the guy just says "ok, I'll kill my son", and, miraculous, 5 secs later the military appears. Too forced

I'd have liked it more if the monsters had eaten him

It made sense to me. They had limited rounds of ammunition, were in the middle of nowhere, and had seen the bug-thingies not too long previous to that point. After all they had seen over the past day, it wasn't unreasonable for them to completely abandon hope, IMO. After holding out hope for survival all that time, I thought it was fitting to see them let go of it precisely five minutes before they should have.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

There are no bad movies. There are movies I don't enjoy, though.
I walked out on Twilight cuz I was afraid I was gonna vomit. What a horrible, horrible experience.

After I saw the Spoony review of Yor: Hunter from The Future, I had to see the movie. Reb Brown is now one of my favorite actors.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

rocketpig said:
It made sense to me. They had limited rounds of ammunition, were in the middle of nowhere, and had seen the bug-thingies not too long previous to that point. After all they had seen over the past day, it wasn't unreasonable for them to completely abandon hope, IMO. After holding out hope for survival all that time, I thought it was fitting to see them let go of it precisely five minutes before they should have.

I really enjoyed The Mist. One thing ruined the ending for me though. Thomas Jane's limited acting ability. For me, he was just the wrong guy for the job. Everyone else was pretty damn good.

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2