By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A few reasons why Metal Gear Solid 3 is one of the best games ever made

disolitude said:
Xen said:
disolitude said:
Xen said:
disolitude said:
libellule said:
disolitude said:
MGS1 and MGS3 are masterpieces.

MGS3 was so good that I bought a PS3 just to play MGS4. Sadly after that experience, I won't buy the console that MGS5 is on solely to play MGS5...

If I were you, I will quickly buy a PSP to play the next MGS on PSP that looks very interesting considering it follows MGS3 ...

I have a PSP...and am patiently waiting :)

Then you already have the console to play MGS5 on.

Indeed. But I didnt buy it for that game only.

Yeah, it was SNES and Genesis emu :P. The same reasons I want one bar Crisis Core, MGS PW, and both the Star Ocean games.

lol, yes. Ive beaten SNES Zelda like 3 times now on PSP. Still better than most todays games...

Yeah. As are most SNES games. They've aged marvelously well, too.

Around the Network

The controls were horribly outdated. Those controls should have been scrapped the moment anyone saw a demo for Splinter Cell. Inexcusable.

With that said, the story didn't want to make me scream and the boss fights were excellent, as they are with most Kojima games. It's the most well-rounded MGS game, though I still prefer the first game over it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I sometimes debate with myself on whether MGS or MGS3 is the best game in the series, but I always end up choosing MGS3 in the end,

What an amazing game.

MGS 3: Subsistence is the single greatest game ever. That is all.

Maybe you mean the Subsistence release? I've never tried it but the original had such a fucking stupid and cumbersome camera that it made me HATE the game, even though I replayed and loved the first 2 to death.

Around the Network

MGS3 is the best Goddamn game ever. MGS3 = ART!!!

Spedfrom said:
Maybe you mean the Subsistence release? I've never tried it but the original had such a fucking stupid and cumbersome camera that it made me HATE the game, even though I replayed and loved the first 2 to death.

Yes, I do. It's actually written in the first paragraph

I find it interesting that all the things you listed which made you love the game, made it the only MGS I didn't finish. But you have made me want to try for a 4th or 5th time to muck my way through it, from what I played it was just a beautiful game.

I. Approve. This. Thread.

Currently playing 4. Only MGS2 pissed me off a bit. Yeah - Raiden. Other than that it's all AAA class.

It definitely was the most emotional of the mgs games. I was so sad when The Boss died

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler