By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How will the PS3 do in 2008 when its "big guns" (GT5, MGS, etc.) come out?

yes i do, because sony will finally have a worthwhile line p

btw, will GTA5 be on 360?

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

Around the Network

In 2008 the ps3 will be selling more systems than the 360.
I do not think multi platforms "big guns" will make that much of a difference for 360 owners but possibly for people who do not any of the next gen consoles.

The big games coming up will really help the PS3.

I believe 2008 will be the year where everybody gets a PS3 just because it is part of the Playsation brand just like how almost everybody (I know) owns a PS and PS2.

Do not think the PS3 will pass the 360 next year but it will start catching up pretty well.

Double post...

Triple post don't know what the hell's going on!

my first post
anyways i agree with cool48 it wont pass the 360 but i will start catching up and if it gets lucky might just pass it

Around the Network

Of course PS3 sales will be boosted by GTA IV, many people will "upgrade" to a nex-gen cosole, although more may go for Xbox, there will still be a lot of people going to PS3. I'm convinced that there will be a price drop with MGS 4 and rumble, and I would imagine Home and GT 5 and GTA coming out all around the same time. There might also be a KZ2 beta around then. I think that if all these things happed at the same time, the sales could go crazy. But it is a big IF

add me

I think some people expect way too much from these games; the PS2 sold amazingly well long before these games were released for mainly because its library was very strong without these games, and people just wanted the PS2. With how few (as a percentage) PS2 owners actually bought any of these games, I think it is reasonable to say that the PS2 would have sold well had these games never been released.

HappySqurriel said:
I think some people expect way too much from these games; the PS2 sold amazingly well long before these games were released for mainly because its library was very strong without these games, and people just wanted the PS2. With how few (as a percentage) PS2 owners actually bought any of these games, I think it is reasonable to say that the PS2 would have sold well had these games never been released.

No to sure what you're trying to say. If no good games would of come for PS2 then it wouldn't of sold well. Maybe not thoses specific games did not make the PS2 as sell well as it did, but they still played a part.

something for everyone is what will make things a huge success, these top tier games will help the ps3 chug along but it will only stay in the running, they won't be enough to move to the top
what makes systems move is having hundreds of games that do alright having 100 games that can each get 100,000 different people to buy into hardware will do more then 5 games that each get 500000 different people to buy into the hardware

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The multiplatform games should see better sales on the Xbox360. Let's face it, the 360 looks to be the hardcore console, its owners buy a ton of games, and almost all multiplatform games do a lot better on it. The 360 has great games for the rest of the year and the Wii has great games through Feb.

Sure, the PS3 will do well in 2008, but who exactly is it targeting? HD DVD players will be $150. The 360 will be for hardcore. The Wii will be for casual. Hell, let's not forget the DS and PSP. Tons of gamers will already own at least two of those four systems and want to buy games for the systems they already have.

Let's look at the games. FF should go to DS and PSP in America next year. The Wii will get two FF games. GT is just not what it used to be. The next Mario Kart will actually offer some compelling gameplay and Mario Kart of DS is pretty big. The 360 has a couple great racers and will be getting more. 360 and Wii are getting good fighting games. Brawl will come out in 2008 and it looks to be the best fighter ever. 360 will likely get most of the fighters PS3 has and VF5 is said to be lots better on the 360 so maybe the others will also be better. GTA 4 will be better on the 360. All of the sports games seem to be better on the 360. The 360 just exploded with FPSs and RPS style RPGs. And casual games are no longer in Sony's realm. The Wii owns much of the casual market and the DS and PS2 seem to control the rest of it.

What does the PS3 offer gamers? An expensive HD movie player? 1 of the many versions of FF? A less compelling GTA 4 experience? 1 of many great racing games? Snake is going to be in Brawl. Are we sure MGS will not go multiplatform? Sony talks of Home but it is better than Live or even 2nd Life?

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com