By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NSMB Wii sells 936,734 units first week (Famitsu)

outlawauron said:
Kenology said:
Torillian already warned this person... why isn't he banned yet? He's clearly asking for it by derailing the thread the way he is.

He's obviously someone who created the account just to troll - nevermind his first two decoy posts. EDIT: Thanks

Just a minute late, my friend.

Zexen, do some ip research and cross check with crazzyman.

I can't, he's permabanned and I can't see IPs in view posts, only in threads (where I can't see his posts now that he's perma). But I asked for an admin to check his IP

Around the Network

mmm where were we?

RolStoppable said:
Khuutra said:
So anyway that first week was pretty awesome

I am now entertaining the idea that it could go on to break five million in Japan, like its elder brother did

If it did that, that would be so cool (and deserved).

And the best-selling piece of console software in Japan this gen! I would be very happy with that, since it is such a fun game.

Also, this is just three four days worth of sales... not a full week! It would've cracked a million...

^^^ I think prasing the game's good sales

Around the Network

So, now that we know that NSMB Wii did well...

How much longer until we (normally) get some other numbers? I'm curious how SW3 performed.

Also, does anyone think this game may never be overtaken by FFXIII? As long as its 3rd week sales are higher than FFXIII's 1st, and 4th over 2nd, I think there's no turning back.

There's a chance, though hopefully FFXIII does better than that.

c0rd said:

How much longer until we (normally) get some other numbers? I'm curious how SW3 performed.

Also, does anyone think this game may never be overtaken by FFXIII? As long as its 3rd week sales are higher than FFXIII's 1st, and 4th over 2nd, I think there's no turning back.

makes sence...

"Here we go"

Shouldn't be too long before it joins Wii Sports Resort in the Wii's top 10.

Best games released this year and two of the best this gen/ever imo.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

c0rd said:

I don't see how NSMBWii's 3rd week numbers would be higher than FFXIII'a first week, which is expected to be anything between 1-1.6 million?

That said, I don't see FFXIII sales "overtaking" NSMBWii, certainly not in the long run. Short run, I can see that happening though I doubt it.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

zexen_lowe said:

I can't, he's permabanned and I can't see IPs in view posts, only in threads (where I can't see his posts now that he's perma). But I asked for an admin to check his IP

His command of the English language is far too good for him to be Crazzyman. Not trying to insult a banned user, but it was quite obvious that English was a second language at best, and very much a work in progress. The new guy had a decent grasp at the least. You could also just unpermaban ZorroX for a couple minutes and check it that way. I doubt another permaban for that account would really matter much.

On topic:
I realized something fairly impressive about the sales. NSMBWii likely made back its entire development budget in the matter of 3 days in one region alone. This is way more impressive when you realize this is the second time it accomplished that. If the game stopped selling today it would probably have sold more than enough to justify a sequel.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229