By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You know, Twilight Princess is pretty great still.

Heh, this thread makes me want to play through TP again. And Midna was amazing, she's definitely one of my favourite sidekicks of all time.

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
One of my top 5 disappointments of this gen. I think it's because of the waggle controls TBH, they felt so completely tacked on and pointless, I just kept thinking "Boy, this could be implemented better!". I sold my copy after about 5 hours of play and just exasperation with the control scheme, and I MAY try to find a gamecube copy and play it with my gamecube controller. I did the same thing with Metroid Prime after muddling around with the Wii controls in Trilogy. The best Zelda game since LttP has been Phantom Hourglass IMO.

I'm not taking anyone seriously who didn't find the controls in MP3 amazing, let alone someone who couldn't play them.

I don't believe you.

My one friend is a Quake 3 freak who hates console fps due to controls. He say Prime 3 ownz, so it does.

Dr.Grass said:
Khuutra said:
Grass, I find it interesting that your problems re: dungeons seem to be the exact opposite of Kenryoku's. What do you make of this?

Ummm... One of us is lying in a desperate attempt to gain attention due to being harshly mistreated as a young and fragile child!?

No, seriously. I just said they were too easy and it (correct me if I'm wrong) seemed like both of us said they were very similar to previous dungeons.

What exactly do you mean?

BTW Khuutra, your analysis of Zelda games into 3 parts was just fantastic. Maybe I just fall into the 3rd categorie and should get a DS?

Kenryoku says it's not like old Zeldas, you say it is like old Zeldas. That's all.

Hey, if you haven't played Phantom Hourglass, I recommend it.

Khuutra, i LOVE your OP :D twilight princess is one of my favourite games.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Dr.Grass said:
CommonMan said:
One of my top 5 disappointments of this gen. I think it's because of the waggle controls TBH, they felt so completely tacked on and pointless, I just kept thinking "Boy, this could be implemented better!". I sold my copy after about 5 hours of play and just exasperation with the control scheme, and I MAY try to find a gamecube copy and play it with my gamecube controller. I did the same thing with Metroid Prime after muddling around with the Wii controls in Trilogy. The best Zelda game since LttP has been Phantom Hourglass IMO.

I'm not taking anyone seriously who didn't find the controls in MP3 amazing, let alone someone who couldn't play them.

I don't believe you.

My one friend is a Quake 3 freak who hates console fps due to controls. He say Prime 3 ownz, so it does.

I realize most people will find this herecy, but I would take the Xbox controller 10 times out of 10 for FPS over the Wiimote AND keyboard and mouse.

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
Dr.Grass said:
CommonMan said:

I don't believe you.

I realize most people will find this herecy, but I would take the Xbox controller 10 times out of 10 for FPS over the Wiimote AND keyboard and mouse.

People will find that heresy because, quite frankly, it is heresy.

Hrm... like you I devoured that game. And how could one not? It was a launch game, a launch Zelda game that everyone had at the top of their lists in 2006. As for me, I never gave the game a chance to slow down and let me enjoy just being in Hyrule. I went from one Dungeon to another, completing side quests and doing what I could to just progress through the game so that my hunger might be satisfied.

Looking back, I've realized over three (wow, it's been three years...) years at what an amazing game this is. The art style (still can't get over the incredible character designs), the "darker" atmosphere (I won't say it had a more mature storyline than any other Zelda, because Wind Waker was very mature.), the connections you make, the ingenuity of the dungeons (Snowpeak ruins... how long did it take before you realized you were in a dungeon? Genius.), the fall and rise of Midna, the sacrifice of Zelda, the madness of Zant (I pitied him), the awe of Ganondorf...

Man... just an amazing game. Now I'm excited for Spirit Tracks (Gotta wait... gotta wait... gotta wait...)

CommonMan said:
Dr.Grass said:
CommonMan said:

I don't believe you.

I'll take the xbox or xbox 360 controller for FPS over anything except keyboard and mouse. Take a skilled console FPS player, and a mediocre computer FPS player, and somehow have them play each other (while on their respective system). It would be a fairly even match just from the ease of controls. Now, that being said, I sitll enjoy console FPS, and I find them more enjoyable as a whole, but in terms of controls, they are far inferior.

Onto the topic at hand, I am SOOO bored with the intro in TP. I've tried to get through it maybe 5 times now, and it's so bad to me that I can't get into it. One time, I finally got through the intro, and the first dungeon, but had to return the Wii to my friend. If anyone has a tip (and not something like 'just man up and do it') to help me get through the boredom of the beginning, I need it. I swear, I've never played a game that has such a boring part to it (though I'm sure there are worse).

That said, Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games ever, so it's not like I don't like Zelda games.

Khuutra said:
Dr.Grass said:
Khuutra said:
Grass, I find it interesting that your problems re: dungeons seem to be the exact opposite of Kenryoku's. What do you make of this?

Ummm... One of us is lying in a desperate attempt to gain attention due to being harshly mistreated as a young and fragile child!?

No, seriously. I just said they were too easy and it (correct me if I'm wrong) seemed like both of us said they were very similar to previous dungeons.

What exactly do you mean?

BTW Khuutra, your analysis of Zelda games into 3 parts was just fantastic. Maybe I just fall into the 3rd categorie and should get a DS?

Kenryoku says it's not like old Zeldas, you say it is like old Zeldas. That's all.

Hey, if you haven't played Phantom Hourglass, I recommend it.

Oh I see. I looked again and it seems like he also think WW is not like old Zeldas. I never played the SNES Zeldas and only played OOT on the GC,so that might be where the confusion lies. I just saw him say that TTP is reusing old ideas too much so I assumed he also thought that it is like the old ones. Didn't exactly read through your whole thing. Conclusion: meh.

I got this game at around the same time I got my 360. Since then, I've easily played well over 100 games across every platform. I can honestly say that NONE of the games I've played since Twilight Princess has provided me with the sense of magic and depth that Zelda TP offered. The game was great. In my opinion, it's the Zelda franchise's finest hour.