By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 failure rate now less than 4%

Seece said:
theprof00 said:
pslee said:
now the sales of xbox360 will fall because they stop breaking lol

I thought about lolling, and then I did.

However, from what I've seen in this thread so far, 360 owners for some reason will go out and buy another console to play the same games.

FUCK YEAH!!

NOOOOOOooooo....!!!!!

Around the Network

Hmm.. I take it that SquareTrade is a private company? Why would anyone send her/his broken XBox360 to a private company? If the XBoy360 has a one year warranty, wouldn't ALL boxes bought this year still be under warranty and be sent back to MS for repair?

pslee said:

oh come on why did a mod ban him for saying that. saying that doesn't deserve a ban.

pslee said:

oh come on why did a mod ban him for saying that. saying that doesn't deserve a ban.

Edit: sry i don't know why it double posted

OMG!!!! that means PS3 is now the one with the highest failurate which is 16% according to the last poll....ps3 iz duuuummmed?

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
OMG!!!! that means PS3 is now the one with the highest failurate which is 16% according to the last poll....ps3 iz duuuummmed?

Really can you stop all this PS3 is doomed shit, it's just done it's best ever week and people still find something to find negativity in.

elticker said:
pslee said:

that was a little harsh.. people have been wondering if this phenomena is real for a while. Nobody has done any real study on it, but people do it.... we just don't know what kind of numbers for this exist.

I know quite a few people who went for PS3's because of RROD. This is indeed good news, but a lot of damage is done.

Also, I'd like to get some more stats before I can start preaching the Book of Jasper.

CGI-Quality said:
Well, on the one hand it is good to hear that the problem has vastly improved, although I've thankfully never experienced such a situation. On the other hand, 500 consoles were tested, not exactly evidence that the problem is 4% everywhere, but just 4% of the 500 tested had an issue. Furthermore, this is pertaining to just one issue, others still plague the console.

Nevertheless, it's still always good news to hear an electronic device is improving in reliability. Hopefully, we see much less issues next gen from any of the companies.

Yes, I'm hoping that we can get to the point where most of the HW is replaceable and standardized so that we will be able to play these games with our grandchildren in the distant future.

The sample size is tiny, and even though the thread lists 'Failure rates', the sample is only covering RROD problems. Also, what were previous first year failure rates? Were they the much spouted 30% figures, or was that simply an estimation of overall product failure since launch?

I wouldn't take that 4% figure as anything set in stone.

However, I think it's clear that the failure rates on a mass scale have at least been reduced to a somewhat reasonable level for electronics failure. In that regard, good job MS, even if the problem should not have existed to begin with.