By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Got duped by the .99!

CommonMan said:
Wal-mart would have had it for $37.96, and I have actually heard people say "It's cheaper at Wal-Mart!" which I guess is literally true, but come on. . .

3 cents doesn't sound like much and it isn't when you're buying a few items, but when everything at Wal-Mart 3 cents or more cheaper those savings add up.

Unless I'm specifically looking for fresh fruits, veggies, or meat, I buy most all my groceries at Wal-Mart and the savings add up.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Euphoria14 said:
So he thought something was $37 and went to the store with $37?

What about tax? Seems he would have had to go back anyways.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Europeans have this stupid law where the price advertised already includes tax.

And by "stupid" I mean "why the !@#* don't we have that too?!

because there would be products with a different prices in almost every city and town in the US.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

noname2200 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Europeans have this stupid law where the price advertised already includes tax.

Because then you dont know how much tax was (they dont itemize it on the receipt).

And then politicians raise the taxes all the time because people dont really know.

In America, your reciept shows the price, and the taxes clearly seperate, makes it harder for politicians to raise them. A better way imo.

ssj12 said:
noname2200 said:
Euphoria14 said:

because there would be products with a different prices in almost every city and town in the US.

?

Does that mean that every city in the States has another taxing for products ?

Even if there would be different prices is there a reason why that would be bad ? because infact they are different if the taxing is differnt.

To this Wal Mart thing. Is this the cheapest store in US ? Because i was in some Wal Marts here but compared to the other stores it wasnt cheap it was above average and they went bankrupt because they were over priced.

twesterm said:
CommonMan said:
Wal-mart would have had it for $37.96, and I have actually heard people say "It's cheaper at Wal-Mart!" which I guess is literally true, but come on. . .

3 cents doesn't sound like much and it isn't when you're buying a few items, but when everything at Wal-Mart 3 cents or more cheaper those savings add up.

Unless I'm specifically looking for fresh fruits, veggies, or meat, I buy most all my groceries at Wal-Mart and the savings add up.

I always do my grocery shopping at Target, but that's because my fiancee works for Target corporate and 10% off of groceries adds up VERY fast.

Around the Network

I wish it could be whole numbers too. I would honestly rather have the whole numbers to look at than deal with those almost non-existant savings.

CommonMan said:

Sound like my girlfriend when she's looking for a gas station.  She'll find one that's 0.02 sents cheaper and drive an extra 5 miles to get there!  In retalliation, I'll make her buy me a candy bar or something.  That'll teach her to try and save money!  Hell, once we drove 50 miles to save $20 on a pair of pants.  What the hell?  It cost me $20 worth of gas just to get there and back!!

twesterm said:
CommonMan said:

Holy...3 cents?

Wow...i once bought a box with 3 cents...a little box...great times...

Netyaroze said:
ssj12 said:
noname2200 said:
Euphoria14 said:

?

Does that mean that every city in the States has another taxing for products ?

Even if there would be different prices is there a reason why that would be bad ? because infact they are different if the taxing is differnt.

To this Wal Mart thing. Is this the cheapest store in US ? Because i was in some Wal Marts here but compared to the other stores it wasnt cheap it was above average and they went bankrupt because they were over priced.

Every state has a different sales tax.  We don't have a federal sales tax or VAT, yet.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

zeewap said:
noname2200 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Because then you dont know how much tax was (they dont itemize it on the receipt).

And then politicians raise the taxes all the time because people dont really know.

In America, your reciept shows the price, and the taxes clearly seperate, makes it harder for politicians to raise them. A better way imo.

Uhm, don't know where you're from, but: liar ...