By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Lightning (FF13) become MORE POPULAR than Cloud (FF7)?!!

Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
g-value said:
Christhor said:
I give a big fat MEH to this thread. FFXIII will NOT sell more than FFVII or FFX for that matter, Lightning will be the shitiest main character ever in a FF game, even surpassing the god Vaan.

Get the flying fu*k out of here. Lightning is already 10000000000000000000000000000x better then Vaan. I think it will sell more then FFX at least since its multiplatform.

The idea behind Lightning = Cloud as a sex symbol, greatest character ever! While I never base sales around install base, Ps2 had a much, much bigger one than Ps3 and Xbox 360 combined, I don't see your point.

@CGI: Lightning in the top 5? That would mean she'd have to as well known as Cloud, Sephiroth, Kefka, Moogle and Chocobo, among others. Lightning will be very well known, but you really think so?

wow they failed at that

1. Lightning doesn't look like cloud (thank the heavens she doesn;t)

2. Her back story (frm FF13 Prologue novels published by S-E) is nothing like clouds

stop lying

It's not like you're not lying. "FFXIII WILL sell 10 MILLION+!!!!"

And LOL at you SPOILING the story FOR yourself.

ROFLMAO

If Square-Enix has PUT the prologue stories up there that means they are NOT spoiling the stories for us

no company who makes RPG's is stupid enough to "spoil" the stories for their userbase

& 2. I have PREDICTED it will sell over 10 million

you are saying outright lies

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=2891603&page=2&postnum=33

You're obviosly laughing at him saying it won't sell 10 million, that's not a prediction.

Reading anything about the story/characters before the game is out, no matter how minor, is spoiling.

FF13 hasn't released

me saying it will sell 10 million HAS to be a prediction

it can't be anything else.....factually it is impossible for it to be anything other than a predictionI have made & I believe

2. No it is not.....it makes me more aware of what happens in the game straight away. The literature in the FF13 Prologue novel won't be in the game in that much depth (I don't think it will be anyway).

If thats how you are, then I suggest you stop watching trailers for any game ever made

@lestatdark

I know....if Final Fantasy has been "lost" for quite some time......I bet SO MANY more franchises would love to be "lost" in this same way

And me saying Lightning looks like Cloud can't be anything other than a prediction. hurr hurr.

2. It's not spoiling to know stuff about the story? What would a spoiler be then? You get to a point where it looks like the game might end and you think to yourself "Nah, it's not gonna end now, I haven't gotten that last character yet", tell me stuff like that isn't spoiling.

And yes, I do for the most part avoid trailers / the best I can (though some people (like you) usually just put them in the thread title), and because of that Assassin's Creed 2 was one of the most pleasant suprises in gaming ever. I know from experience what trailers can do, it really killed KH2 for me, though that was a horrible game anyway.

No it can't as

BOTH characters have been designed & we can see them

FF13 HASN'T released & we can't see its sales

seriously you are grabbing at straws now

______

2. No its not spoiling the story if developers think it appropriate to release that content

@acevil

is that really unreasonable?

barring Pokemon games, FF7, 8, 10 & a few others

NO RPG's have sold more than FF12 out of the MILLION released ever since home consoles were released since the Atari

you will find that figure is quite accurate & than you make it out to be

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
g-value said:
Christhor said:
I give a big fat MEH to this thread. FFXIII will NOT sell more than FFVII or FFX for that matter, Lightning will be the shitiest main character ever in a FF game, even surpassing the god Vaan.

Get the flying fu*k out of here. Lightning is already 10000000000000000000000000000x better then Vaan. I think it will sell more then FFX at least since its multiplatform.

The idea behind Lightning = Cloud as a sex symbol, greatest character ever! While I never base sales around install base, Ps2 had a much, much bigger one than Ps3 and Xbox 360 combined, I don't see your point.

@CGI: Lightning in the top 5? That would mean she'd have to as well known as Cloud, Sephiroth, Kefka, Moogle and Chocobo, among others. Lightning will be very well known, but you really think so?

wow they failed at that

2. Her back story (frm FF13 Prologue novels published by S-E) is nothing like clouds

stop lying

ROFLMAO

If Square-Enix has PUT the prologue stories up there that means they are NOT spoiling the stories for us

no company who makes RPG's is stupid enough to "spoil" the stories for their userbase

You're obviosly laughing at him saying it won't sell 10 million, that's not a prediction.

Reading anything about the story/characters before the game is out, no matter how minor, is spoiling.

FF13 hasn't released

it can't be anything else.....factually it is impossible for it to be anything other than a predictionI have made & I believe

2. No it is not.....it makes me more aware of what happens in the game straight away. The literature in the FF13 Prologue novel won't be in the game in that much depth (I don't think it will be anyway).

If thats how you are, then I suggest you stop watching trailers for any game ever made

@lestatdark

I know....if Final Fantasy has been "lost" for quite some time......I bet SO MANY more franchises would love to be "lost" in this same way

And me saying Lightning looks like Cloud can't be anything other than a prediction. hurr hurr.

2. It's not spoiling to know stuff about the story? What would a spoiler be then? You get to a point where it looks like the game might end and you think to yourself "Nah, it's not gonna end now, I haven't gotten that last character yet", tell me stuff like that isn't spoiling.

And yes, I do for the most part avoid trailers / the best I can (though some people (like you) usually just put them in the thread title), and because of that Assassin's Creed 2 was one of the most pleasant suprises in gaming ever. I know from experience what trailers can do, it really killed KH2 for me, though that was a horrible game anyway.

No it can't as

______

2. No its not spoiling the story if developers think it appropriate to release that content

@acevil

NO RPG's have sold more than FF12 out of the MILLION released ever since home consoles were released since the Atari

Kingdom Hearts. Also yes what you said is unreasonable, since I doubt that many rpg games exist on the console. Also why compare SNES RPG to PS2 RPG, the userbase is much different. I can understand comparing one generation back and forth, but two is a big leap.

Also Quantity =! Quality...

Acevil said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
g-value said:
Christhor said:

wow they failed at that

stop lying

ROFLMAO

FF13 hasn't released

@lestatdark

No it can't as

______

@acevil

Kingdom Hearts. Also yes what you said is unreasonable.

Prove it

so far you have done the following:

1. Claimed lightning looked like cloud & FF13 not being PS3 exclusive means she can't be that popular

2. Claimed Nomura has ruined Final Fantasy

3. Claimed the Final Fantasy series is "lost"

Its crystal clear who is unreasonable here

One final thing, we are on a sales website so PLEASE use the data at hand:

Kingdom Hearts -- 5.50 million

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1129&region=All

Final Fantasy 12 -- 5.68 Million

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=765&region=All

darthdevidem01 said:
Acevil said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
g-value said:
Christhor said:

wow they failed at that

stop lying

ROFLMAO

FF13 hasn't released

@lestatdark

No it can't as

______

@acevil

Prove it

1. Claimed lightning looked like cloud & hence she will be terrible

Final Mix +.....where Final Fantasy 12 takes into account Zodiac Edition...

Also I never said she will be horrible based on the fact she looks like Cloud.

Final Fantasy has lost its edge, because of the points I outlined, what you call "branching out" I call lost.

Also yes saying Nomaru ruined final fantasy is unreasonable but I can't point the blame on anyone else, since he is the only consistent factor.

Nice edit that you did there Acevil. First you called him out saying that by him naming 99% RPG's selling less than FFXII equalled that all JRPG's sold less than 55k, and now you put that up :P

Now you picked my curiosity, out of Pokemon games and previous Final Fantasy games, which JRPG sold 5.68 M? Kingdom Hearts came close but still didn't sell as FFXII and KH2 sold even less.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Acevil said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Acevil said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Christhor said:
g-value said:
Christhor said:

wow they failed at that

stop lying

ROFLMAO

FF13 hasn't released

@lestatdark

No it can't as

______

@acevil

Prove it

1. Claimed lightning looked like cloud & hence she will be terrible

Final Mix +.....where Final Fantasy 12 takes into account Zodiac Edition...

Stop the damage control

we are not counting Final Mixes here......as most of them are just re-buys by very hardcore fans

if we had to count them we need to count the PS1 & GBA re-releases of ever Final Fantasy 4 & 6

we don't have the data to do anything like that

Final Fantasy isn't lost, accept it

EDIT:

& stop stealth editing

lestatdark said:
Nice edit that you did there Acevil. First you called him out saying that by him naming 99% RPG's selling less than FFXII equalled that all JRPG's sold less than 55k, and now you put that up :P

Now you picked my curiosity, out of Pokemon games and previous Final Fantasy games, which JRPG sold 5.68 M? Kingdom Hearts came close but still didn't sell as FFXII and KH2 sold even less.

Kingdom Hearts did sell more, it is just Final Mix is recorded as a different while Final Fantasy XII and Zodiac edition are together. Also in the start I did misinturpt what he did so, but regardless, not that many JRPG games exist for FF12 to be 99% over.

Wow, you do such shameless edits and you don't even bother to point them out. Nice to see such honesty and character in a person.

Edit -

Not many JRPG's exist? Excuse me, but we have had 4 generations of consoles that have had tons of JRPG's. Just because you're trying to spin things your way, doesn't mean that reality is like that. SNES, GBC, NES, GBA, DS, MEGADRIVE, PS1, PS2 ring a bell to you? Just look up the sheer amount of JRPG's that exist in each of those consoles.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Wow, you do such shameless edits and you don't even bother to point them out. Nice to see such honesty and character in a person.

I do edits all the time, because I leave out stuff and continue to add stuff. If you check about 50% of my posts will have additional material. I do not like reposting, only few cases is it an actual edit.

Also Darth...than why is Zodiac Edition added into Final FAntasy XII sales, since that is similar to Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. Also why not count rereleases they are the same game, not remakes.

Edit: So you believe more than 2000 JRPG games exist?

i hope not...ps1>>>>>everything this gen.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^