By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales Japan 12/3 (NSMBWii, PSP2 and Gundam vs Gundam Next)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
ZorroX said:
^600-700 First day for NSMB Wii.

1M+ for FFXIII.

You do realize that next week NSMB Wii will continue to sell at a high level, while FF13 will drop off really, really far after its first week

It`s not the topic of this thread. You do realize?

Anyway, is this all fuss because I am not impressed with 1st day sales of NSMW? People, get a life!

Around the Network
ZorroX said:

^600-700k First day for NSMB Wii.

1M+ for FFXIII.

If NSMB wii did those numbers it would destroy FF13 in sales, it would actually likely outsell FF13 in probably only 3 days at that rate.  Basically i don't know what your basis for those expectations are.  Your expectations certainly don't match with most other people.  Famitsu and ioi basically have shown predictions that fit in with first day sales, and we didn't see people saying it bombed when we saw those figures.  Most people were actually thinking it was very good.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

^Its more the reason why you are not impressed is silly

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I`m not impressed, because it`s only 400k first day. Nuff said.
I`m yet to see, how it reaches around 1M first week.

ZorroX said:

It`s not the topic of this thread. You do realize?

Anyway, is this all fuss because I am not impressed with 1st day sales of NSMW? People, get a life!

If you don't want people analyzing and arguing against your opinions then do not post them. Trying to deflect away from it isn't going to work, and neither will subtlely insulting everyone who is responding to you. Either defend your opinion, leave the thread, or let other people tear it apart. There is no logical fourth option. Trying to take you ball and go home simply does not work on an internet message board.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
ZorroX said:

NSMB for the DS sold 422k first day. It sold 900k+ first week. This has nothing to do with the platform it is on, and everything to do with the type of game it is. This has been explained to you a number of times by a number of people. In fact, thesource posted it an hour before you gave your first response. If you are yet to see it then you are simply not reading the replies, and restating your opinion ad naseum which is a violation of rule 5.

ZorroX said:

NSMB DS 422K first day, 910K first week

That's how

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@Gnizmo - i stated MY opinion. I have that right. You offended with my opinion or what?
Whatever you say, i won`t be impressed.

@Avinash_Tyagi, so if NSMB Wii sell less than 900k FW(or you need 880k?), you give me 1 month your signature control? Otherwise, i give you. How this BET for you?

ZorroX said:

@Gnizmo - i stated MY opinion. I have that right. You offended with my opinion or what?
Whatever you say, i won`t be impressed.

Yes, you do. And then I replied to your misinformed opinion with facts that you continuously try to ignore. Regardless stating your opinion over and over again counts as spam as stated in the forum rules. Rule 7 subsection 5. Sorry for pointing you to the wrong rule before. The numbers changed with a recent update.

^My policy on bets is well known ZorroX, I think they are stupid, and I don't do them

But back on topic, you stated you were not impressed by NSMB Wii first day sales, in light of what we know about first day sales of NSMB DS and its current lifetime sales, compared to FF sales, tell me, which do you think will show more impressive sales, FF13 or NSMB Wii?