By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create hardware sales (11/23 – 11/29)

CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:
PS3 seems to high imo

Why?

It's higher than most/he expected?

It's much higher than Famitsu?

If it is seasonal increases, why at a ratio conflicting with past years, trends, and week to week increases from this year.

I mean, it's not illogical to think, "Wow, the PS3 seems too high" when seeing the excellent sales Media Create is reporting.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Media create.

The definitive numbers

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

outlawauron said:
CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:
PS3 seems to high imo

Why?

It's higher than most/he expected? Than he should have said that, instead of that he believes the Media Create numbers for PS3 are too high.

It's much higher than Famitsu? Although this one isn't illogical thinking, everyone in the industry uses Media Create numbers over Famitsu's.

If it is seasonal increases, why at a ratio conflicting with past years, trends, and week to week increases from this year. PS3 numbers actually doubled this time last year due to seasonal increases and i think a game release. Besides, PS3 is at a way lower/better price point than last year and a more popular Slim version.

I mean, it's not illogical to think, "Wow, the PS3 seems too high" when seeing the excellent sales Media Create is reporting. So yeah, my conclusion is that either he lacks some analyzing skills, or he simply believes that Famitsu is more accurate than Media Create. Of course that's fine, but either way, i think that CGI-Quality asked the right question. I'm pretty curious myself why gurglesletch made his comment, although i think i know the answer

My opinion, for what it's worth

that are last weeks hw sales just check the title where it says (2009年11月16日~11月22日).

Serious_frusting said:
Media create.

The definitive numbers

You've been on this site long enough to know that for sell-through there are no definitive numbers =/

Around the Network
gurglesletch said:
What? numbers from last week say Nov. 9th and the current numbers are from 11/23-11/29. I think you might want to put numbers from the 16th in instead of from the ninth for a better comparison,

You're right, the date "Nov. 9th" is wrong, but the numbers are correct, they're from the week ending Nov. 22nd. Evidence for that is that the DSi LL wasn't release yet in the week of Nov. 9th., it was released in the week ending Nov. 22nd.

I think we need to just accept that PS3 is back as a truly viable console instead of wii in Japan

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I will take Media Create numbers over Famitsu numbers. PS3 hardware numbers are higher. woohoo

Everyone in the industry does not use Media Create. Famitsu has larger coverage than Media Create as far as number of stores reporting data.

Besides, it's all kinda pointless as they do equal each other out in the end.

We do know that Nintendo uses Media Create, because they don't want to give off the impression that Famitsu is making them look better due to the past relationship.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.