By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Saboteur first reviews!!!!

------GamePro----

From planting explosives beneath enemy sniper nests to speeding over the lush Parisian countryside, there's so much to do and see in Saboteur that it's incredibly easy to lose sight of the game's minor quirks and frustrations. It may not be the most original title under the sun, but it is an absolute blast while it lasts, and an innovative and welcome addition to the overwhelming selection of World War II games.

PROS: Enormous environment; wide variety of missions; beautiful black-and-white visual style
CONS: AI is occasionally dodgy; the story is lackluster; stealth mechanic is a bit iffy

Around the Network

Even if the reviews aren't all glowing, I like what they are saying about this game. I am going to get this.

One of those reviews is mine ^^

It's a fun game, it keeps you playing, although the AI is weak, the ending is a huge MEH and there are some glitches. Despite some flaws, it is just addictive to keep blowing stuff up :p

I've been playing this for a few days now, it's like a mix of GTA and Assassin's Creed, but without the polish of either game. However the end result is greater than the sum of its parts, and I am very pleasantly surprised by this game.

Really a lot of fun, I would recommend it as a perfect game to play over the holidays.

papflesje said:

It's a fun game, it keeps you playing, although the AI is weak, the ending is a huge MEH and there are some glitches. Despite some flaws, it is just addictive to keep blowing stuff up :p

Operative word being fun.

Around the Network
cande4me said:
papflesje said:

Operative word being fun.

Indeed

More reviews added.

-----GameSpy-----

Pros:
Black-and-white vs. color environments is a great idea; satisfying explosions; generally good voice acting.

Cons:
Eluding Nazis gets tedious; the story isn't fleshed out well; your effect on the world is very minimal.

ut while the combat and destruction portions of playing as the Saboteur are fun, the story and effect you have on the world are disappointingly underdeveloped. Without spoiling too much, I'll just say that the story is cliched to a point where no surprises exist, and it's full of characters that you never quite give a crap about. It's sad how little your actions affect the world; despite giving people the "will to fight," wherein the world around Sean changes from black-and-white to color as the Nazi presence diminishes, you won't suddenly see the resistance actually fighting soldiers in the street, nor will the Nazis fully vacate "liberated" areas. If this concept of changing the will of the people had been more fully realized, and if the story hadn't been so forgettable, The Saboteur could've been pretty fantastic. Instead, it's less of a swan song and more of a pop single: catchy at times, but ultimately not something that will stick with you.

http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/saboteur/1052097p1.html

Ouch i was hoping better for Pandemics last game but o well.

Sounds like a rental.

4 ≈ One