By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Saboteur first reviews!!!!

-----1UP-----

"In a year that also contains Red Faction: Guerrilla, which does open world action much better, and Assassin's Creed 2, which makes stealth action and wall-scaling effortless and fun, Saboteur falls a little flat. I almost feel like I'm beating the game up unfairly -- acquiring new weapons and vehicles, and escaping pursuing Nazis is always thankfully easy, and you'll have fun exploring WWII Paris. But too many other titles do the exact same things better for Saboteur to hold your attention long."

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3177181&p=4

Around the Network

------GameSpot------

It's a lot of fun to paint the town red in this black and white open-world game, but the weak stealth elements limit your options.

The Good

• Striking art design seamlessly mixes black and white with color  
  • Shooting action is fun and chaotic  
  • Perks system gives valuable rewards for being creative  
  • Freeplay targets are an interesting diversion.

The Bad

• Stealth elements are underdeveloped  
  • Driving and melee controls are clunky  
  • Climbing buildings is boring.

"Throughout your quest to free Paris from Nazi rule, you can earn a number of perks that make overthrowing the occupying forces easier and more fun. For instance, stealing a certain number of civilian cars lets you call for your own getaway mobile whenever you're in a pinch, sniping a few Nazis from far away steadies your aiming sights, and you can earn all sorts of fancy guns by dispatching Germans in clever ways. The perks system is a great incentive to try different methods to complete your objectives and builds upon the foundation that makes the game so much fun. The action in The Saboteur is well executed and rewarding, so even though World War II is merely a backdrop and the stealth elements are underdeveloped, it's still a blast to spill gallons of Nazi blood and blow targets sky-high. The Saboteur may not be the most original sandbox game around, but it certainly stands out from the glut of other World War II-themed adventures, and it's a darn good time as long as you can put up with its minor problems."

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/saboteur/review.html

Heard that Play Magazine gave the game 10/10 is it true???
Anyway the game isn't that horribly bad , wolfenstein was worse ,
and the game had an interesting setting but the gameplay just didn't felt original...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I dont think ive ever watched as many video reviews on a game where i saw something that looked so much better than what they were saying. This is going to be the first game i rented in a while only because i seems the product im seeing looks much better in video reviews than the words that go with it.

The action set pieces look epic, the gameplay looks fluid, the interface looks crisp and clean and the world and AI looks very solid. Im pretty excited about this.

I feel bad for the devs. $20mil down the drain

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

-----GameTrailers-----

However much its color scheme may protest to the contrary, The Saboteur is not a classic. It gets the basics right, though, and it's peppered with a lot of exciting, memorable moments. If you haven't had your fill of open world mayhem this year (and quite a year it's been), you shouldn't begrudge it an explosion or two.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamereview.php?id=4577

hooo

maybe they shoud have taken 3 months more to polish it and make it an hit

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !