By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Grammy Nominations Announced - Taylor Swift and Beyonce lead ALL

MontanaHatchet said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:
I hope Ringo takes the mic from her and says "I know Taylor made some great songs and all but I'm a FUCKING BEATLE. Lick my feet, bitch."

It's destiny that Ringo presented nominations with Taylor Swift in it. She's so talented. What a great night :)

So it's destiny that the most technically proficient yet least talented Beatle give an award to a technically inproficient pop singer?

Taylor Swift isn't terrible but you really need to expand your horizons, man. Listen to some Pink Floyd, Beatles, Velvet Underground, Bowie, early U2, Who, REM, Radiohead, Simon & Garfunkel, or Dylan or something. And please, give Pet Sounds a go. If that doesn't change how you think about music, I don't know what will.

Then, after you've done that, come back and tell us how great Taylor Swift is.

I have listened to them. Taylor is amazing and she is like the Beatles of 2009 IMO.

I'm glad shes getting the attention she deserves cause she is soooooooooo talented. I love her.

No, you obviously haven't.

It's incredibly obvious you haven't.

I'll see your "incredibly obvious" and raise you a "painfully obvious".

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
At least Record of the year has a sure winner (I gotta feeling)

I don't think its a sure winner.. They had to include I Gotta Feeling since it was the biggest song of 2009.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

MontanaHatchet said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:
I hope Ringo takes the mic from her and says "I know Taylor made some great songs and all but I'm a FUCKING BEATLE. Lick my feet, bitch."

It's destiny that Ringo presented nominations with Taylor Swift in it. She's so talented. What a great night :)

So it's destiny that the most technically proficient yet least talented Beatle give an award to a technically inproficient pop singer?

Taylor Swift isn't terrible but you really need to expand your horizons, man. Listen to some Pink Floyd, Beatles, Velvet Underground, Bowie, early U2, Who, REM, Radiohead, Simon & Garfunkel, or Dylan or something. And please, give Pet Sounds a go. If that doesn't change how you think about music, I don't know what will.

I have listened to them. Taylor is amazing and she is like the Beatles of 2009 IMO.

I'm glad shes getting the attention she deserves cause she is soooooooooo talented. I love her.

I have. That music is too old for my taste.. I don't think its great. I mean yeah the song writing is great, but I think Taylor is up to par with all of them if not above them. You know in 40 years, young adults will be listening to Taylor songs like You Belong With Me, White Horse, Love Story and they will be held up as some of the greatest songs of all time, like people hold up the Beatles, Pink Flloyd and so on..

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Ps3 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:

I have. That music is too old for my taste.. I don't think its great. I mean yeah the song writing is great, but I think Taylor is up to par with all of them. You know in 40 years, young adults will be listening to Taylor songs like You Belong With Me, White Horse, Love Story and they will be held up as some of the greatest songs of all time, like people hold up the Beatles, Pink Flloyd and so on..

Well, fine. At least admit that the music just doesn't fit your tastes. But don't even claim for a second that Taylor Swift or any other generic female pop star is any way comparable to The Beatles. When Taylor Swift produces anywhere close to the likes of Revolver or Sgt. Pepper, then maybe I'll agree with you. Right now, she just has a couple popular sings, and that's it. Doesn't make her better than the other dozen female pop stars that litter the market. And I assure you that Taylor Swift won't have that sort of longevity. I'd be amazed if she retained her popularity for more than 10 years, let alone 40.

Ps3 said:
leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

Hometown Glory - Adele
Halo - Beyoncé
Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
Sober - Pink
You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift

........ they put katey perry there, but not lady gaga? mhm..

I heard GaGa's label didn't submit her for this award... I agree its strange. I think Halo will win that award..

Now i know why she argues with them..

Lady GaGa argues with her label?

Well if she didn't we wouldn't have The fame monster. They wanted her to release boys boys boys as a single, and she said no, she wants her fans to listen to new music because they have been craving it. She wrote the album without the label knowing. The story goes more into detail but I don't want to get into that. They didn't want her to call it her 2nd album though, and now we see where that went.

mM
Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Ps3 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:

I have. That music is too old for my taste.. I don't think its great. I mean yeah the song writing is great, but I think Taylor is up to par with all of them. You know in 40 years, young adults will be listening to Taylor songs like You Belong With Me, White Horse, Love Story and they will be held up as some of the greatest songs of all time, like people hold up the Beatles, Pink Flloyd and so on..

Well, fine. At least admit that the music just doesn't fit your tastes. But don't even claim for a second that Taylor Swift or any other generic female pop star is any way comparable to The Beatles. When Taylor Swift produces anywhere close to the likes of Revolver or Sgt. Pepper, then maybe I'll agree with you. Right now, she just has a couple popular sings, and that's it. Doesn't make her better than the other dozen female pop stars that litter the market. And I assure you that Taylor Swift won't have that sort of longevity. I'd be amazed if she retained her popularity for more than 10 years, let alone 40.

It's my opinion.. That's all, but I think that Taylor's song writing, producing and singing is just as good if not better than the Beatles. Taylor is on her way to being a legend. I can't wait.

Ps3 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:

I have. That music is too old for my taste.. I don't think its great. I mean yeah the song writing is great, but I think Taylor is up to par with all of them if not above them. You know in 40 years, young adults will be listening to Taylor songs like You Belong With Me, White Horse, Love Story and they will be held up as some of the greatest songs of all time, like people hold up the Beatles, Pink Flloyd and so on..

And Casablanca sucks because it's in black and white.

leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

Hometown Glory - Adele
Halo - Beyoncé
Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
Sober - Pink
You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift

........ they put katey perry there, but not lady gaga? mhm..

I heard GaGa's label didn't submit her for this award... I agree its strange. I think Halo will win that award..

Now i know why she argues with them..

Lady GaGa argues with her label?

Well if she didn't we wouldn't have The fame monster. They wanted her to release boys boys boys as a single, and she said no, she wants her fans to listen to new music because they have been craving it. She wrote the album without the label knowing. The story goes more into detail but I don't want to get into that. They didn't want her to call it her 2nd album though, and now we see where that went.

Oh wow.. I didn't know that, thank you for telling me! Boys Boys Boys wouldn't have done well in my opinion...

rocketpig said:
Ps3 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:
Ps3 said:
rocketpig said:

And Casablanca sucks because it's in black and white.

The Notebook was better and not because it was in color.

Jesus Christ, Swift does not produce her own albums and most of her shit is co-written with Liz Rose.