By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When game "journalists" have their trolling exposed.

So Game Journalists are trolls when they are critical of the Wii? But when they do it to the Xbox 360 and PS3 they aren't? Come on stop the double standards

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
So Game Journalists are trolls when they are critical of the Wii? But when they do it to the Xbox 360 and PS3 they aren't? Come on stop the double standards

I know my comment was in regards to all gamers and their systems.  Who said criticism of 360/PS3 is always justified?

hsrob said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I know my comment was in regards to all gamers and their systems.  Who said criticism of 360/PS3 is always justified?

That and he's pretending we're calling on criticism, not twisting things to make it look bad for the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

--OkeyDokey-- said:
It wouldn't be a day on VGChartz without Nintendo fans whining about how everyone is against them.

Maybe because there is truth to it.

I hope you're not trying to justify it, really it's more about being a serious professional. Criticism is something that takes place over the years, what we have now is not it.

Haha asking for Kotaku to report professionally is like asking forum goers to not overreact to every small bit of happenings.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
It wouldn't be a day on VGChartz without Nintendo fans whining about how everyone is against them.

And your proof that they are not?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Good thread guys. You should check the interview Kotaku did with former President of Sega Simon Jeffrey about the games they were going to publish like the Conduit, MadWorld and House of The Dead Overkill.

Not to mention what followed form Joystiq and other blogs about the sales for this games.

Found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrHLDeWvFB0&feature=PlayList&p=4FE6BDD647C4F1FB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5

I think Nintendo owners are more or less aware of the general Wii indifference on certain review sites, and largely, people usually look for a second or third opinion if they look for reviews at all. However, some reviewers are a little too pro Nintendo, which sometimes makes me seek a second opinion as well.

The FUD about 3rd party games doing badly can be unsettling, just because its always mentioned, especially on a forum like this, where the same news is mentioned like 10,000 times. But at the same time we also hear about factual news of numerous HD games developers going bust or having to lay off employees, seems at a regular interval, Pandemic being the latest.

Smaller game studios are actually doing well on the Wii by comparison, 2D Boy (World Of Goo), Gaijin games (Beat.Trip series), Frontier (Lost Winds series), Over The Top (Nyx Quest) even Suda51 to some extent(?), and I'm sure plenty of small shops I've never heard of.

And lastly, I think we all know that these game reviewers aren't exactly NYT material if you get my drift. Yes, read, roll eyes, pass time, carry on ...

http://kotaku.com/5079135/sega-wii-is-the-most-expensive-board-game-on-earth

That has to be my favorite example. Mostly because there was a thread here about it and I got to make a lot of people look very silly. The original article, and almost everyone in the aforementioned thread completely missed the part where Sega is trying to open the market up for the core games because they believe it is there. To take the one part entirely out of context is amazingly terrible journalism. Especially since the person quoted specifically stated that there is a market there, but the problem is no one has moved into it yet.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

and so another one of the long list of anti-wii...