By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Square Enix remake Final Fantasy VI?

FF6 is my favorite FF by far. Everything about it blows every other FF out of the the water. I would LOVE a remake with the same setting, characters, story, but I would also love updated graphics (1080p please) with more dialogue, and more to the story, more like a reworking of the game more than a remake. I wouldn't think of it as FF6 though, more like FFVI-2 (ugh brings bad memories of FFX-2).

If it wasn't reworked though, no, it's too beautiful/amazing as it is.

Oh and FF6 is the game I've spent the most on, I got the last copy at a funcoland back in the day; price: $86. I guess that's why I don't mind spending $63 on games these days while other people have been upset over it.

Around the Network

While the game is great as is imagine how much better it could look and still maintain its original 2d perspective but add some high res esper summons and cutscenes to enhance the story. I would love to relive the opera scene is awesome HD.

they should bring the PS1 version to PSN! that should do for me :D

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:

Why not just ebay/amazon a copy of the PS1 version and play it on your PS3?

dystopia said:
I just really don't understand why fans want 3D remakes of all the older games, FFVI is a beautiful game and it really doesn't need to be remade, play it as it is and was meant to be experienced. If you're going to let something like 2d graphics get in the way of experiencing a game, then you don't deserve to experience it, because that's just stupid.

FF6 is beautiful because of the gameplay music and story. Updating the graphics would only be a plus.

And yes Final Fantasy 6 (snes version) is the greatest RPG of all time.

Around the Network

I would love this, but they should remake FFV first.

I hope they announce that soon, for a system I own.

V-r0cK said:
Porcupine_I said:

because PS1 disk based games are region locked, and i couldn't play the english version on mine.

US-PSN games work though

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
V-r0cK said:
Porcupine_I said:

because PS1 disk based games are region locked, and i couldn't play the english version on mine.

US-PSN games work though

The PS1 version of the game is terrible. The load times border on unbearable close to 100% of the time. If you want a copy of it right now, you might want to try for a GBA copy - it's pretty nice, and right now probably my favorite version of the game so far!

Khuutra said:
Porcupine_I said:
V-r0cK said:
Porcupine_I said:

US-PSN games work though

The PS1 version of the game is terrible. The load times border on unbearable close to 100% of the time. If you want a copy of it right now, you might want to try for a GBA copy - it's pretty nice, and right now probably my favorite version of the game so far!

Eww no. The GBA version gimped the soundtrack.

Khuutra said:
Porcupine_I said:
V-r0cK said:
Porcupine_I said:

US-PSN games work though

i finished the gba version a long time ago :D

- George Orwell, ‘1984’