By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Square Enix remake Final Fantasy VI?

twesterm said:
Spedfrom said:
*Hands Johnny B a cookie for winning the thread*

Why would the subsequent yearas be interesting?  There's no magic and there's also the chance it could be like the sequal to FFIV or, even worse, FFX-2.

If they were to make some spin-off, I would rather see the War of the Magi.

It would be interesting to see how they rebuild without magic which was there basic cure all and really what their technology seemed based on.

Don't know how you quite get a game in there though....

I'd guess you'd star it with 2 of the Mobliz kids grown up... and have them travel the world... with skills replacing magic to more of a degree.

Around the Network

yeh they will read the first part and then stop reading, lol
anyways lets just all focus on the brilliant games we have coming ffxiii should be good.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Just imagine this game in full 3d, new/reworked dungeons, voiced dialogue (haha they'd need so many voice actors), music re-mastered/orchestrated (not 'changed' though), and with the story intact. To me, I would pre-order it the instant it's announced (I usually wait until the game comes out within a month).

@jneul, How do you know FFXIII will be brilliant? I'm a little excited about it, but Square (both in Squaresoft and Square Enix form) has let me down so much that I'm forever skeptical. Great looking trailers does not equal a brilliant game.

Yes! SNES graphics dont do it justice of how amazing that game is. And next up Chrono Trigger ^__^

Man, just thinking about the music being upgraded, especially the song Celes sings (can't remember the name) is giving me goosebumps.

Too bad this will never happen =(

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
twesterm said:
Spedfrom said:
*Hands Johnny B a cookie for winning the thread*

Why would the subsequent yearas be interesting?  There's no magic and there's also the chance it could be like the sequal to FFIV or, even worse, FFX-2.

If they were to make some spin-off, I would rather see the War of the Magi.

It would be interesting to see how they rebuild without magic which was there basic cure all and really what their technology seemed based on.

Don't know how you quite get a game in there though....

I'd guess you'd star it with 2 of the Mobliz kids grown up... and have them travel the world... with skills replacing magic to more of a degree.

It could be done, I agree, I just don't think it would be nearly as interesting.

Well, there was already a re-release of this game on PS1 and GBA. I'm only assuming it'll be a matter of time before they revamp it for the DS.
But I share the feeling of some posters, why mess with a good thing?

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK