By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killzone 2 graphics comes to the 360 and it's called Brink

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
I have always loved graphics.

You know, there was a time when I thought FFVII looked great.

It wasn't always as big for me, and then the 32-Bit gen happened. Since then, I've been really into visuals...

Man, I still think FFVI and Chrono Trigger looks awesome.

Not to mention Super Mario RPG: LoSS. Those games aged so well. In my opinion anyways.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:
CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:
CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:
CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:
CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:
I find it embarrassing how much this site likes to whore about graphics. What did you guys do during the SNES/Genesis generation I wonder? And let's face it, even if it did look better than Killzone 2, a certain group of people wouldn't admit it, and likewise, even if it didn't, a certain group of people would say that it did. These threads accomplish absolutely nothing other than flame wars, and apparently I am the only one who's figured this out by now.

And yet, you still find the time to participate in the thread.  To me, you can truly express your distaste for the content of a thread by not visiting it. It's as simple as that.

And to me, I can and will express my distaste by expressing my distaste, not doing nothing. Not everyone has to act the way you want them to.

Intersting & ironic that you say that. Now, read all the highlighted and then take your own advice...

I am taking my own advice and not talking about who has better graphics than whom because it's a waste of time, but please continue trying to bully me out of the thread, I'm enjoying it so far.

Well, you don't have a strong argument. What can I say....

I'd like you to give me lots of examples of graphics comparison threads that didn't turn into flame wars. You're just angry that I'm not contributing to the ongoing flame war.

lol....I'm angry? Right, that's it, while you came in here to complain and I participated reasonably.

Anyway, this is a videogame site, where such discussions are bound to crop up. If you don't approve, that's fine. Then, again since I seem to be talking in cirlces, why are you in here? If I'm against the content of a thread, I don't continue to participate in it. IMO, you should do the same...

However, me personally, I see nothing particularly wrong with someone having an opinion. As long as it doesn't go to far, like your "fanboy" reference, then there's nothing wrong.

Are you joking? I never singled out anyone as a fanboy, I just stated that they exist on this site, and you're living in a fairy tale world if you don't think that there are.

Well, considering I don't call anyone a "fanboy", I don't see eye-to-eye with you on that, even if you have a bit of a point on the one-sided nature of some posters. What you're seeming to not understand is, for the most part, I agree with your point on the issue of flame wars as well. I don't, however, agree with your approach on dealing with the situation.

Consider it a agree-to-disagree scenario so that we don't continue to derail the thread, or PM me if you'd like to discuss it further.

In the meantime, just try to understand my position as I'm trying to understand yours.

Alright, fair enough. I'll do as you suggested and leave the thread alone now. And yeah, I sort of realize I am doing the exact opposite with this post, but I'm just letting you know that I read your post.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Awe man, I was expecting to be wowed by that trailer, like how the original (actual gameplay) trailer of KZ2 wowed me. Dissapointed :/ . It still looks great, but not amazing, though I am MUCH more interested in the new FPS gameplay elements they seem to have added!

themanwithnoname said:
CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:
I find it embarrassing how much this site likes to whore about graphics. What did you guys do during the SNES/Genesis generation I wonder? And let's face it, even if it did look better than Killzone 2, a certain group of people wouldn't admit it, and likewise, even if it didn't, a certain group of people would say that it did. These threads accomplish absolutely nothing other than flame wars, and apparently I am the only one who's figured this out by now.

And yet, you still find the time to participate in the thread.  To me, you can truly express your distaste for the content of a thread by not visiting it. It's as simple as that.

And to me, I can and will express my distaste by expressing my distaste, not doing nothing. Not everyone has to act the way you want them to.

thats not what he mean, if you really don't like flame wars, u yet find time to participate in them.

if u really want to give example, don't participate in them.

and no, even so when compared to Crysis, many state crysis looked better.

though there isn't a game yet to match it on a console in graphics. maybe uncharted 2 but due other merits

Watching the video of Brink the graphics dont seem to be on par with killzone's. The lighting seems to be done pretty well but the character models are lacking. The characters dont sport as much polish and detail as killzone's. The level seems to be very detailed though and might just be comparable to killzone but thats not enough to say that this game has better graphics. My opinion may change by release but right now what I see is that the graphics are indeed good but not on killzone's level. I own a 360 and ps3 so I dont mind giving my opinion I love both systems< I dont mind these discussions I think there great.

Around the Network

the game is pretty but in no way does it match KZ2 , it still has a ways to go before its out , lets wait too see how much better it might look

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Call me fanboy if you like, but i think Gears of War 2 has better graphics than KZ2. I do think that MGS4 is the best looking game for PS3 however.

Has the OP ever played Killzone 2?

Those videos look good, but they're no where near the standard of Killzone 2, which I still consider to be the best looking console game, in my opinion.

Obligatory Killzone 2 gifs:

why is newbie so delusional, its one thing to defend a consele, but lying to urself? PROBLEM NEWBIE

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

mundus6 said:
Call me fanboy if you like, but i think Gears of War 2 has better graphics than KZ2. I do think that MGS4 is the best looking game for PS3 however.

I bet you haven't played kz2, because if you think that, then I can say crysis is beaten by black on the ps2.

mM