By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another developer doesn't see "make games up to standard" as an answer.

famousringo said:
NunedQ said:
well then its a good thing they're not making the exact same thing:

http://www.lightningfishgames.com/games/

Title: To Be Announced
Genre: Fitness and Health
Platform: PlayStation 3, Wii
Release Date: Q1 2010

Oh no! Another Wii exclusive lost.

I love how it's coming out next quarter and they haven't even figured out a freakin' name for it yet.

How are they planning to do this on PS3? Strap the sixaxis to your belt and get ready to work out!

Around the Network
specialops787 said:
famousringo said:
NunedQ said:

I love how it's coming out next quarter and they haven't even figured out a freakin' name for it yet.

How are they planning to do this on PS3? Strap the sixaxis to your belt and get ready to work out!

Lets completely forget about the Wand releasing first half of 2010.

If it's not that appealing with the Wiimote, it's not that appealing with the wand or NATAL.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
"Exactly.. The Wii's low development cost is a double edged sword.....it be great when used to potentially and terrible when taken advantage of which seems to happen consistently"

Which was the same with the PS1 and PS2. They didn't cost a lot to develop for, but the potential was taken advantage of. The obvious answer is to use the Wii to potential, and then just have the other games on the sides, same as the other hit systems.

PS2 wasn't considered a low development cost platform when it came out.

It took a while for costs to drop as people learned how to program for the hardware and it took a while for the shovelware to appear.

During that time the strong third party had time to establish dominance with their big franchises...

Another issue is that the shovelware on the Wii gets usually released bellow the standard 50$ price, and drops in price quickly.

So you need to have a real strong game as a third party to expect to sell it at 50$ when contending with 20-25$ sholvelware, especially in the face of less well informed customers....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Amazing. The motion controls will b great for Hd twins but a gimmick on Wii. But whats even funnier is that Wii's strength of having lower dev costs is somehow a weakness? and its Nintendo's fault for the shovelware? malstrom doesnt sound like a conspiracy theorist after all.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

"PS2 wasn't considered a low development cost platform when it came out."

What I mean is it wasn't too high for shovelware.

"During that time the strong third party had time to establish dominance with their big franchises..."

The thing is Nintendo doesn't stand above shovelware just because it's Nintendo. They make the games that stand above, and are massive hits. Even their casual games aren't shoveled on, so even their misses still sell loads more than most of the Wii s-ware. If the market was too far gone, what I think a lot of companies want to happen on the Wii, Nintendo wouldn't even be able to overcome that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Motion control won't do shit on HD platforms...
If anything the fact that Ubisoft tells you they are working on 10 or so titles for Natal, mostly new IPs and mostly casual titles should have made you aware of this....

They usually release 2-3 strong titles on HD a year and suddenly 10 casual titles ? Those aren't going to be big hitters or title in which they made any kind of big investment...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

letsdance said:
specialops787 said:
famousringo said:
NunedQ said:

Lets completely forget about the Wand releasing first half of 2010.

Please forgive me. I was not aware of an actual release date set for the wand. I didn't know it was coming out between January and March.

It's getting increasingly difficult to care about this third party syndrome anymore.
What's done is done and we should get on with our lives. Why are you haunting me?

"It's getting increasingly difficult to care about this third party syndrome anymore.
What's done is done and we should get on with our lives. Why are you haunting me?"

Because when the "only bigger" game mentality collapses under the gravity of economics, we will tell them we told them so.