By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another developer doesn't see "make games up to standard" as an answer.

well then its a good thing they're not making the exact same thing:

http://www.lightningfishgames.com/games/

Title: To Be Announced
Genre: Fitness and Health
Platform: PlayStation 3, Wii
Release Date: Q1 2010

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

Around the Network

So the shovelware companies all get disillusioned and leave. Problem solved.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

LordTheNightKnight said:
"That is why I say nintendo use their loads of cash to buy up some more devs. Then we'll see some more quality titles."

Then the other developers would just say that being part of Nintendo made those games hits.

Sad to say, but moneyhatting might be the only way to get support quickly. These stubborn developers will go bankrupt before they acknowledge by themselves that making AAA games for the Wii can succeed as well as the other systems.

I KNOW that just being part of nintendo will make those games hits. Thats why I suggested it. If 3rd parties won't do what needs to be done then nintendo can just develop all the worthwhile games for Wii.

If nintendo bought up a buch of devs, released the Wii2 and released three times as many first party games as usual, all of them up to nintendo's quality, would you buy the Wii2 without the promise of ANY 3rd party support? I would. Nintendo consoles have always been for the gamer who wants to play nintendo games.

NunedQ said:
well then its a good thing they're not making the exact same thing:

http://www.lightningfishgames.com/games/

Title: To Be Announced
Genre: Fitness and Health
Platform: PlayStation 3, Wii
Release Date: Q1 2010

Oh no! Another Wii exclusive lost.

I love how it's coming out next quarter and they haven't even figured out a freakin' name for it yet.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

But which developers? I've stated EA could be good. They've been hemorrhaging money and people.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Problem solved indeed. Retailers expand HD sections and decrease Wii sections.

Wii gets less money for less games being sold.

Ps360 gets more...

Problem solved indeed.

Wii isn't going away just because third parties leave. They already tried that in 2007. It didn't work.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

letsdance said:
Mr Khan said:

Ps360 gets more...

Problem solved indeed.

Wait.

I thought we had just determined those shovelware games don't make any money?

Chrizum said:
letsdance said:
Mr Khan said:

Ps360 gets more...

Problem solved indeed.

Wait.

I thought we had just determined those shovelware games don't make any money?

It doesn't cost Nintendo, Sony, or MS any money for other people to make these games. Infact... They get money from licenses.... simple logic here.

So, the shovelware companies are leaving Wii to make shovelware for HD consoles? Wii boys should be happy!

I can see how all crap games are hurting the Wii market. It's like playing roulette trying to find a good game if you don't read game magazines or visit gaming sites.
Thus, I'm more than happy seeing these kinds of companies starting to lose money. They are just hurting the industry.