By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another developer doesn't see "make games up to standard" as an answer.

"Look at how many games that received tons of attention and detail still sold well under expectations. MadWorld, The Conduit, Dead Space Extraction, Madden games, Metroid Prime Trilogy... All high quality "core/hardcore" titles that have failed very likely because of the literal mounds of shovelware and shovelware sequels."

Aside from Madden, which is selling below expectations on ALL the systems, none of those are smash hit series.

Even Metroid gets more critical love than huge sales. But what makes you think it's selling below expectations? It's 270K for a rerelease, including a game that's already on the system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Soleron said:
I'd actually say the OP was true for me. I got burned by Mario & Sonic, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Zack & Wiki, Twilight Princess Wii Fit and Wii Music. I was also a little disappointed by The Conduit.

Apparently the only franchises I can trust now are mainline Mario games. My favourite home console series are Mario, Metroid, and Paper Mario but two are uncertain now.

wow you are a picky gamer. i thought twilight princess was the best Zelda ive played yet. or tied with windwaker. i havent played zach and wiki but i heard its great. mario & sonic...yea it sucks. 

ever think that maybe the Wii just isn't for you?

Failure happens when one stops trying. Responsibility is when one doesn't blame others. This company is clearly is not a company that anyone should invest in. They have proven that when they make a mistake they would rather fail and they cannot take responsibility for their actions.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:
Failure happens when one stops trying. Responsibility is when one doesn't blame others. This company is clearly is not a company that anyone should invest in. They have proven that when they make a mistake they would rather fail and they cannot take responsibility for their actions.

That is exactly what EA did too with deadspace. 

.jayderyu said:

Although I have me people who will put people down just for the hell of it, most of my mistakes were my own, and I just have to overcome them. These developers are just being thick headed. It's not just this studio. The newest buzz line is an unpredictable market, even though they clearly aren't doing what they are doing on the predictable market in the first place, to see if that even works.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

What is this? 3 or 4 developers in a week? But I thought it was HD gaming....

KylieDog said:
Ail said:
Well when it costs 10 million$ to develop a game the market does tend to be less saturated by shovelware..

Win.

Exactly.. The Wii's low development cost is a double edged sword.....it be great when used to potentially and terrible when taken advantage of which seems to happen consistently

"Exactly.. The Wii's low development cost is a double edged sword.....it be great when used to potentially and terrible when taken advantage of which seems to happen consistently"

Which was the same with the PS1 and PS2. They didn't cost a lot to develop for, but the potential was taken advantage of. The obvious answer is to use the Wii to potential, and then just have the other games on the sides, same as the other hit systems.

It's pretty funny that the developer says crap doesn't sell on Wii anymore, and they're moving on to the HD consoles. This means:

1) On Wii, you can only make shovelware
2) On HD consoles, shovelware will be more succesful than on Wii
3) The developer can only make shovelware

Basically, this particular developer will be bankrupt within 2 years.

So let me get this straight:

You flood the market with casual games, in the meantime not making any of the hardcore ones you claim don't sell.

Then, after you destroy the market you constantly reused and recycled over and over again, you go to work somewhere else, effectively leaving the console you were "supporting" worse than it started off. Pretty much passive aggressive destruction.

I'm just dumbfounded by this.

I was agreeing with him on what was wrong with this current market, but then my straight lips turned downward at the line where he said they are leaving the console. That's like throwing paint all over your handicapped grandmas kitchen, and then leaving her to clean it. You leave a big mess, then turn your back.

This is the nail in that "Wii hardcore sales coffin". The evidence has shown that these companies that are leaving the Wii have officially destroyed the majority of the casual market on that console, proving that they did not make enough games that were {hard/core} to strike balance.

Can't say I didn't see this coming though, I called it a few months back:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=80763
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=86467

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."