By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another developer doesn't see "make games up to standard" as an answer.

Arius Dion said:
Amazing. The motion controls will b great for Hd twins but a gimmick on Wii. But whats even funnier is that Wii's strength of having lower dev costs is somehow a weakness? and its Nintendo's fault for the shovelware? malstrom doesnt sound like a conspiracy theorist after all.

nobody said weakness... just that can be taken advantage of when a developer isnt truly putting effort into the product.... developer minddets now - low cost + low budget game (should) = $$$$ @ TNK - dude u cant compare Wii to PS/PS2, why??? because they were consoles that 3rd parties Wanted/had no trouble developing for...you can see ot in alot of 3rd party tones Wii is almost like chore to develop for

Around the Network

"$$$$ @ TNK - dude u cant compare Wii to PS/PS2, why??? because they were consoles that 3rd parties Wanted/had no trouble developing for...you can see ot in alot of 3rd party tones Wii is almost like chore to develop for"

1. FORMATTING.

2. How is the Wii a chore to develop for? Those developers are either forgetting what they worked with before, or they are flat out lying (as in they aren't doing a good job and throwing off blame).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
"$$$$ @ TNK - dude u cant compare Wii to PS/PS2, why??? because they were consoles that 3rd parties Wanted/had no trouble developing for...you can see ot in alot of 3rd party tones Wii is almost like chore to develop for"

1. FORMATTING.

2. How is the Wii a chore to develop for? Those developers are either forgetting what they worked with before, or they are flat out lying (as in they aren't doing a good job and throwing off blame).

I said developers treat Wii like its a chore to develop for...not it is a chore to develop for READ AND STOP TWISTING WORDS

Xxain said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

1. FORMATTING.

I said developers treat Wii like its a chore to develop for...not it is a chore to develop for READ AND STOP TWISTING WORDS

Sorry. I actually meant them directly, not you. The thing is that it's just yet another excuse for them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Arius Dion said:
Amazing. The motion controls will b great for Hd twins but a gimmick on Wii. But whats even funnier is that Wii's strength of having lower dev costs is somehow a weakness? and its Nintendo's fault for the shovelware? malstrom doesnt sound like a conspiracy theorist after all.

I think people don't like him because he comes across as arrogant, in truth everything he's been saying has been right so far

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Arius Dion said:

I think people don't like him because he comes across as arrogant, in truth everything he's been saying has been right so far

That and he goes against the grain in terms of what's supposed to be happening with gaming.

Ail said:

Motion control won't do shit on HD platforms...
If anything the fact that Ubisoft tells you they are working on 10 or so titles for Natal, mostly new IPs and mostly casual titles should have made you aware of this....

They usually release 2-3 strong titles on HD a year and suddenly 10 casual titles ? Those aren't going to be big hitters or title in which they made any kind of big investment...

I take it this post was directed at me; Now I can honestly say I don't agree with much of what you post around here (And I'm sure the same goes vice versa lol) But I do agree with you 100% on the bolded, and actually on your entire post. I was mostly addressing the OP and the double standard the OP presented in regards to motion controls being the future yadda yadda ignoring the Wii has MC out the gate.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

There was no 2nd gunman.

Sorry, couldn't help it, with all the "3rd party Anti-Wii Conspiracy" talk.

Why can't you guys accept 3rd party upsetness over Wii revenue and demographics and try to understand that they are businessmen, not conspirators, nor are they chuckleheads who don't know how to analyze the market.

Believing that you know more than the folks who run these places is... mighty big talk. Seriously, you guys should start your own -- if your ideas are sound enough, you'll go the distance, right?  In the interests of actual business analysis, I suggest you take these folks words for what they are, rather than cooking up conspiracy theories, and approaching the problem from that perspective.

@Avinash and TLK: Absolutely. More times than not people attack Malstrom the blogger instead of the points he raises. I don't agree with absolutely everything the guy says but a lot of it is spot on and when/if you've read the Birdmen Fallacy you can actually see all of this happening in real time. Case in Point; this threads OP.

@Xxain: Seemed to me that some were blaming low dev costs for Wii as a reason it is receiving the shovelware and leaning toward that being Nintendo's fault. Where I feel installed base is generally the main reason for shovelware on any marketleading console. Installed base is also generally the reason for quality and high third party support as well. But this doesn't seem to be happening with the Wii and that raises more than a few questions as to why this is the case. The Op even saying that the low quality games are causing the low sales is correct. But how do you go from A>>>D in saying that because we put out low quality and didn't work we're leaving. LoL. The conclusion is laughably inxxain;)

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Another shovelware producer moves on to PS3/xbox360. :) It seems the Wii User, even the casual ones, are buying more quality software and show cold shoulder to shovelware.

And the Wii gets more and more topgames from third-parties in 2010, like Monster Hunter 3, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Graces, Dragon Quest X, Samurai Warriors 2, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers, The Sky Crawlers, Epic Mickey etc. etc.