By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Guidelines For Submitting Content to the VGChartz Game Database

Well I finally found out how to add games. However, I can't seem to add screenshots. And how do I add critic scores?

Around the Network

First of all, the "add game" link from the topic leads to the wrong path (possibly outdated), the correct link is http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/addgame.php which can be found besides the header "Browse Games" when seaching for a game. Sorry for reviving this old thread but, as a sticky and general guideline to adding new content to the website, I believe it should be constantly updated.

Another problem I found was the banner size. Here it says it is 650x185 pixels but, when adding a new banner, it asks for a 650x250 pixel image. I suppose the latter is the correct one, but it can be misleading. Another difference is that is says the site accepts images of up to 6MB in size, though here is says only 2MB is the maximum (though the former is really high, in my opinion).

Sorry if what I posted here was brought up already or if I wasn't supposed to post here.

Mobyduck said:

First of all, the "add game" link from the topic leads to the wrong path (possibly outdated), the correct link is http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/addgame.php which can be found besides the header "Browse Games" when seaching for a game. Sorry for reviving this old thread but, as a sticky and general guideline to adding new content to the website, I believe it should be constantly updated.

Another problem I found was the banner size. Here it says it is 650x185 pixels but, when adding a new banner, it asks for a 650x250 pixel image. I suppose the latter is the correct one, but it can be misleading. Another difference is that is says the site accepts images of up to 6MB in size, though here is says only 2MB is the maximum (though the former is really high, in my opinion).

Sorry if what I posted here was brought up already or if I wasn't supposed to post here.

Nordlead's post was written during the days of VGC 2.0, and the processes have all changed enormously since then. Not sure why this is still stickied in its current form.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I am having trouble adding data for MDK2 WiiWare, perhaps someone here can help me.

I wrote a summary and then proceeded to add a link to a review from Gamepro, but now the page won't load for me anymore and I get an error page instead...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club