By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo SELLS 550K Wii & 1 Million DS during BF Week!!!!

huh so where did all the PS3 supply limited talk come from.

Or was the normal priced PS3 just taking of for xmas.

Around the Network
Teragen said:

Those saying that VGChartz' numbers include Canada and Mexico, while it may be true, it doesn't sound like it.

VGChartz said in their BF article:

Nintendo sold nearly 800,000 Wii units and 850,000 DS units in the Americas during the week ending 28th November - pretty much exactly the same as last year.

The Wii sold about 800.000 units is the US alone in 2008, so if these numbers are for NA, they're not pretty much exactly the same. If they are for the US alone, something isn't right.

Vgchartz=guessing

Nintendo=estimates backed by the resources of a billion dollar company

See the difference?

Teragen said:

Those saying that VGChartz' numbers include Canada and Mexico, while it may be true, it doesn't sound like it.

Nintendo sold nearly 800,000 Wii units and 850,000 DS units in the Americas during the week ending 28th November - pretty much exactly the same as last year.

The Wii sold about 800.000 units is the US alone in 2008, so if these numbers are for NA, they're not pretty much exactly the same. If they are for the US alone, something isn't right.

read pass the first sentence....it was updated....to 750k

leo-j said:
Demotruk said:
leo-j said:
this is interesting.. if NINTENDO released these numbers wouldn't that mean they are shipped figures......o-o

Internal tracking numbers.

oh ok, because I was told they were nintendo figures, clearly they are not

they are the number published by Nintendo....

You would think they woudn't make a press release if they did not have confidence in those......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Weisheit said:

Vgchartz=guessing

See the difference?

Nintendo's primary advantage is in terms of size

Both sources are estimating

Around the Network
Weisheit said:
Teragen said:

Vgchartz=guessing

See the difference?

Oh, I see the difference alright. I'm just putting it gently...

^^

The numbers have nothing to do with it. The fact that he originally said they were about the same means he was talking about the US and not NA.

I thought that would be clear...

Weisheit said:
Teragen said:

Vgchartz=estimates

Nintendo=estimates using a larger sample size

See the difference?

fixed

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Khuutra said:
Weisheit said:

Vgchartz=guessing

See the difference?

Nintendo's primary advantage is in terms of size

Both sources are estimating

No, its primary advantage is resources. Nintendo has them, NPD has them. Vgchartz? Not so much.

As an NPD customer, Nintendo most likely cross checked their numbers with NPD's before publishing them because they really don't want to look like fools when NPD stuff is released...

As for the difference between US and America, it is usually 10% however as someone pointed out Black Friday is a US only event so you woudn't expect US sales to represent more than 90% of America's sales this week..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

^No, Khuutra is right, Nintendo has a larger sample size to estimate from than VGC does

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)