By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft plans shock Shock 'N' Awe In 2010

I wouldn't buy a new piece of hardware from Microsoft for at least 6 months after launch, personally, No matter

how much advertising they put out there.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network
Vanbierk said:

I wouldn't buy a new piece of hardware from Microsoft for at least 6 months after launch, personally, No matter

Yeah, I think I'm on the same page these days

@theprof00, I'm not sure MS makes much off of their consoles, from what I've heard, most of their profit comes from their accessories; controllers, overpriced wireless, overpriced hard drives; from Live, and from the very few exclusives they own the IP for.

almcchesney said:
2009 was the worst year for the 360 because 1) it didnt do as well as it had been doing previously 2) they ended up with red on their budget books,
the 360 didnt do crappy in 2009 just crappy compared to its previous years
i watched the video on the sony swagger link about uncharted mastering the cell, and all i have to say is that the 360 is gonna have to step it up, the technical landmark set by that game was bigger than i thought with the blended motion and the ability to draw 1.2 million triangles per frame and approx 40 million a second is a large feat.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 04th Jan 2009 to 21st Nov 2009:

Console X360
Total

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 06th Jan 2008 to 22nd Nov 2008:

Console X360
Total

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 07th Jan 2007 to 24th Nov 2007:

Console PS3
Total

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 01st Jan 2006 to 25th Nov 2006:

Console X360
Total

so it is not their worst year for the hardware.

Software:

Games sold so far in 2009:
82.02 million

Games sold in 2008:
108.17 million

Games sold in 2007:
60.56 million

Games sold in 2006:
24.5 million

So with December still to come for this year, the Xbox360 might end up selling the most software ever. Definately not the worst year for the Xbox 360.

And it did not end up in the red. The EDD made a profit since 2008 (even with the zune losses included). The last 3 moths had a <300 million profit.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

r505Matt said:
Vanbierk said:

@theprof00, I'm not sure MS makes much off of their consoles, from what I've heard, most of their profit comes from their accessories; controllers, overpriced wireless, overpriced hard drives; from Live, and from the very few exclusives they own the IP for.

It's funny how easily people forget how reliable the original Xbox was compared to the PS2 which was plagued with problems. But yet somehow, the next Xbox will most likely have as many issues as the Xbox 360. Go figure!

Microsoft Plans Shock 'N' Awe In 2010

That just conjures up images of exploding 360s to me.

Around the Network
code.samurai said:
point x said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
heruamon said:
damndl0ser said:
^^^

It may be the worst for "Hype and Buzz" but financially it isn't. And I'm guessing that is what matters most to Microsoft.

As for next year it should be better than this one without a doubt.

LOL...well yeah...Sony loses 600+ million, and people are cheering about how well it's doing, so it's not about money for some.

Yeah, gamers. For those people, it's a good thing to get their hands on a console at less than the cost of the quality components it's made from. 

Way to go with the hypocrisy.

When Microsoft was losing money: Oh look at the monopolistic anticompetitive behemoth that is willing to endlessly bleed money to destroy the competition, to hell with them!

Sony losing money: it's such a good thing that the caring hug bears at Sony are selling us consoles for less than what they really cost, they subsidize our gaming habit out of love and care!

Blasted axe grinders.

well ,you know   : Sony ,Google , Apple , Disney =    

Microsoft                                                              = 

Some  people are  very pathetic ,..

It's easy when talking about anti-competetive assholes.

Question for you, ever shopped at Wal-Mart?

CommonMan said:
code.samurai said:
point x said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
heruamon said:
damndl0ser said:
^^^

It may be the worst for "Hype and Buzz" but financially it isn't. And I'm guessing that is what matters most to Microsoft.

As for next year it should be better than this one without a doubt.

LOL...well yeah...Sony loses 600+ million, and people are cheering about how well it's doing, so it's not about money for some.

Yeah, gamers. For those people, it's a good thing to get their hands on a console at less than the cost of the quality components it's made from. 

Way to go with the hypocrisy.

When Microsoft was losing money: Oh look at the monopolistic anticompetitive behemoth that is willing to endlessly bleed money to destroy the competition, to hell with them!

Sony losing money: it's such a good thing that the caring hug bears at Sony are selling us consoles for less than what they really cost, they subsidize our gaming habit out of love and care!

Blasted axe grinders.

well ,you know   : Sony ,Google , Apple , Disney =    

Microsoft                                                              = 

Some  people are  very pathetic ,..

It's easy when talking about anti-competetive assholes.

Question for you, ever shopped at Wal-Mart?

LOL - what woud you expect, this 5 year old (6?) chose "Loud_Hot_White_Box" for a name. Basically he is saying "i'm a sheep and i' don't give a fuck, leave me alone".

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Soonerman said:
r505Matt said:
Vanbierk said:

It's funny how easily people forget how reliable the original Xbox was compared to the PS2 which was plagued with problems. But yet somehow, the next Xbox will most likely have as many issues as the Xbox 360. Go figure!

Not really sure what original XBox you're talking about, mine set fire in my family room, smoke came out of it from every hole....I had a broken Ps2 from wear and tear, but I don't remember it being a fire hazard, i'll take a dead unit over a flaming one any day of the week.  I mean, these are just my experiences but hey, something tells me I wouldn't be alone in that.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Vanbierk said:
Soonerman said:
r505Matt said:
Vanbierk said:

Not really sure what original XBox you're talking about, mine set fire in my family room, smoke came out of it from every hole....I had a broken Ps2 from wear and tear, but I don't remember it being a fire hazard, i'll take a dead unit over a flaming one any day of the week.  I mean, these are just my experiences but hey, something tells me I wouldn't be alone in that.

Stealth troll of the year.

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

^ true story