By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft plans shock Shock 'N' Awe In 2010

um thought there would be more than.did we really need a "Shock and awe" when basically nothing mucxh new is being said...i find it hard to believe non-controller gaming is goona take over....

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Around the Network

It will be interesting at the least.

oldschoolfool said:
joeorc said:

Project Natal to me seem's to step forward for game interactivity between the player and the software for the Gamer.
The Idea is to make the Software interact with the Gamer in way's the gamer is not used to or has been Implemented before, I think not only Microsoft but Nintendo and Sony have been trying unique design of interactive software. not so much the the game aspect's but the connection of the game's itself.

the connection between the gamer and the software itself.
I think Natal Hold's great promise toward that, as do Nintendo and Sony's form's of game interaction connectivity.

natal will be a good thing,depending on how good the tech is.

I think that's the point though, the tech is just half the Experience. the Tech provides the Basis of what the Developer's Building Block's can be based on but it's what that full connectivity between the Gamer and the software will do will set it apart.

same can be said of Nintendo's and Sony's option's on connectivity.

I think its not just about the Motion control but the gamer connectivity and it shows

a great example of this already is EYEPET:

look at what your already able to do with that software and optical motion, and control.

now The connectivity between the gamer and the software is already going toward a less static control basis, to more of a connectivity of the gamer the environment that the software itself interact's with the gamer in be that from the gamer's direct area, or of one that the software may generate for the gamer to interact with the software inside that generated environment.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

NKAJ said:
um thought there would be more than.did we really need a "Shock and awe" when basically nothing mucxh new is being said...i find it hard to believe non-controller gaming is goona take over....

I do not think that is it at all, I think many on the software side see the advantage of going toward these type of control scheme's as being an extension, instead of replacement.

Now some may decide that it's a full replacement for their type of software that they may design. and well that is something to view as a software per software basis., I would bet. because removal of standard control software scheme's may or may not fit every developer's IDEA on how their software should be controlled.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.