By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft plans shock Shock 'N' Awe In 2010

heruamon said:
I love that sig Seece!

Thanks!

Around the Network
Statix said:
Well, you also must take into consideration that the 360 is selling at the most dirt-cheap, value-price point ever... yet that still hasn't helped it increase its sales over last year (or bring it up over its competitors). What that really indicates is that hardware sales are slowing down.

Increased software sales are just a result of the cumulative install base growing. After all, you don't expect it to shrink, do you?

Actually, they were doing OK until the ps3 pricecut.

Both the ps3 and the 360 sell largely to the same demographic, depending on the price difference between them people get swayed one way or the other.

Natal more than anything is Microsoft's attempt to break the value proposition since from now onwards staying 100 dollars away from the ps3 will be harder than what it used to be.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

heruamon said:
Icyedge said:
binary solo said:
Lastgengamer said:

If the Redmond Company let up now, Sony might just steal this the seventh generation from underneath it altogether.

Just one really tiny, insignificant, minute detail: this the 7th generation isn't currently Microsoft's for Sony to possibly steal. Has it passed notice that Nintendo stole this the 7th generation from Microsoft a wee while ago? Sony has a chance of stealing 2nd place off Microsoft this generation perhaps.

One thing will guarantee Natal going off gangbusters and that's if Halo: Reach is a Natal launch title. I don't think 'XBox 360 Fit' would do the job for them in terms of motivating the current install base. And they'll need the current install base to be motivated by Natal for success, because 40 million+ households already owning a 360 can't be ignored. They'll need a good 10-15% of the current base to adopt Natal for it to be the raging success that they want it to be. With a title that is a known quantity they can get a decent % of the base. Titles that are unknown quantities aren't going to get the base excited enough.

Yeah a repackaged, re-tooled 360 along with Natal would also do the job. I could see that putting 360 well ahead of Wii at least in America for the rest of the generation

2009 will be a middling year for 360, it won't be the best, it won't be the worst.

My problem with Natal is how would you play Halo with it? Actually how would you play any games that we hardcore gamers play. I hope that they release a one hand controller so you can also have buttons or analog at the same time you make movement. For now it seems that natal is aiming towards the casual player market so I dont understand why it is getting so much praise and attention from the current userbase.

MANY people have commented on ways to utitilize Natal is shooter, as just one genre for example...The fact that you can't use your imagination is the same kinda of thinking other had when Xbox first launched live.  Since you mention a shooter...simply...a cover system.

I dont have any problem with my imagination. Im trying to think about good ways to implement this. Having to to move your body up and down whileplaying with the controller is far from being a good and logic implementation. Its not really honest to give that as an example, because im sure that nobody would use this feature. Unless you only play 30 minutes per day it would be really uncomfortable, so your example prove my point of saying that it aims for casual play. Its like the sixth axix from sony, it is implement in hardcore games but nobody use it.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, im sure that Natal can be a huge success. But I just dont understand why current userbase is so amaze. Myself is not interest in the sonys wand as im not interest in natal as im not interest in the Wii either.

Statix said:
Well, you also must take into consideration that the 360 is selling at the most dirt-cheap, value-price point ever... yet that still hasn't helped it increase its sales over last year (or bring it up over its competitors). What that really indicates is that hardware sales are slowing down.

Increased software sales are just a result of the cumulative install base growing. After all, you don't expect it to shrink, do you?

Really last year at this time the Xbox 360 Arcade sold for $199 and came with a game.  This year the Xbox 360 Arcade sells for $199 and doesnt come with a game.

Really last year the Xbox 360 with a HDD sold for $299 and came with 2 games and a HD video cable.  This yeat the Xbox 360 with a HDD sells for $299 comes with 2 games and that is it.  Last year the $299 model had a 60GB HDD and this year is is 120GB which is because 60GB HDD now cost more to purchase than a 120GB HDD.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Icyedge said:
heruamon said:
Icyedge said:
binary solo said:
Lastgengamer said:

If the Redmond Company let up now, Sony might just steal this the seventh generation from underneath it altogether.

Just one really tiny, insignificant, minute detail: this the 7th generation isn't currently Microsoft's for Sony to possibly steal. Has it passed notice that Nintendo stole this the 7th generation from Microsoft a wee while ago? Sony has a chance of stealing 2nd place off Microsoft this generation perhaps.

One thing will guarantee Natal going off gangbusters and that's if Halo: Reach is a Natal launch title. I don't think 'XBox 360 Fit' would do the job for them in terms of motivating the current install base. And they'll need the current install base to be motivated by Natal for success, because 40 million+ households already owning a 360 can't be ignored. They'll need a good 10-15% of the current base to adopt Natal for it to be the raging success that they want it to be. With a title that is a known quantity they can get a decent % of the base. Titles that are unknown quantities aren't going to get the base excited enough.

Yeah a repackaged, re-tooled 360 along with Natal would also do the job. I could see that putting 360 well ahead of Wii at least in America for the rest of the generation

2009 will be a middling year for 360, it won't be the best, it won't be the worst.

My problem with Natal is how would you play Halo with it? Actually how would you play any games that we hardcore gamers play. I hope that they release a one hand controller so you can also have buttons or analog at the same time you make movement. For now it seems that natal is aiming towards the casual player market so I dont understand why it is getting so much praise and attention from the current userbase.

MANY people have commented on ways to utitilize Natal is shooter, as just one genre for example...The fact that you can't use your imagination is the same kinda of thinking other had when Xbox first launched live.  Since you mention a shooter...simply...a cover system.

I dont have any problem with my imagination. Im trying to think about good ways to implement this. Having to to move your body up and down whileplaying with the controller is far from being a good and logic implementation. Its not really honest to give that as an example, because im sure that nobody would use this feature. Unless you only play 30 minutes per day it would be really uncomfortable, so your example prove my point of saying that it aims for casual play. Its like the sixth axix from sony, it is implement in hardcore games but nobody use it.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, im sure that Natal can be a huge success. But I just dont understand why current userbase is so amaze. Myself is not interest in the sonys wand as im not interest in natal as im not interest in the Wii either.

Mostly because I'm a technophile, and I think it's going to be cool. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

I second that MS campaign. I'm awaiting Natal like the Messiah, and hope it will give the bobox some major boost.

I'm already shocked by the amount of awesome games coming out in the first several months of 2010 for the 360.

Yeah I have quite high hopes for Natal.

Project Natal to me seem's to step forward for game interactivity between the player and the software for the Gamer.
The Idea is to make the Software interact with the Gamer in way's the gamer is not used to or has been Implemented before, I think not only Microsoft but Nintendo and Sony have been trying unique design of interactive software. not so much the the game aspect's but the connection of the game's itself.

the connection between the gamer and the software itself.
I think Natal Hold's great promise toward that, as do Nintendo and Sony's form's of game interaction connectivity.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:

Project Natal to me seem's to step forward for game interactivity between the player and the software for the Gamer.
The Idea is to make the Software interact with the Gamer in way's the gamer is not used to or has been Implemented before, I think not only Microsoft but Nintendo and Sony have been trying unique design of interactive software. not so much the the game aspect's but the connection of the game's itself.

the connection between the gamer and the software itself.
I think Natal Hold's great promise toward that, as do Nintendo and Sony's form's of game interaction connectivity.

natal will be a good thing,depending on how good the tech is.