By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft plans shock Shock 'N' Awe In 2010

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
heruamon said:
damndl0ser said:
^^^

It may be the worst for "Hype and Buzz" but financially it isn't. And I'm guessing that is what matters most to Microsoft.

As for next year it should be better than this one without a doubt.

LOL...well yeah...Sony loses 600+ million, and people are cheering about how well it's doing, so it's not about money for some.

Yeah, gamers. For those people, it's a good thing to get their hands on a console at less than the cost of the quality components it's made from. 

Way to go with the hypocrisy.

When Microsoft was losing money: Oh look at the monopolistic anticompetitive behemoth that is willing to endlessly bleed money to destroy the competition, to hell with them!

Sony losing money: it's such a good thing that the caring hug bears at Sony are selling us consoles for less than what they really cost, they subsidize our gaming habit out of love and care!

Blasted axe grinders.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
heruamon said:
damndl0ser said:
^^^

It may be the worst for "Hype and Buzz" but financially it isn't. And I'm guessing that is what matters most to Microsoft.

LOL...well yeah...Sony loses 600+ million, and people are cheering about how well it's doing, so it's not about money for some.

Yeah, gamers. For those people, it's a good thing to get their hands on a console at less than the cost of the quality components it's made from. 

When Microsoft was losing money: Oh look at the monopolistic anticompetitive behemoth that is willing to endlessly bleed money to destroy the competition, to hell with them!

Sony losing money: it's such a good thing that the caring hug bears at Sony are selling us consoles for less than what they really cost, they subsidize our gaming habit out of love and care!

Blasted axe grinders.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

oldschoolfool said:
splinter cell conviction and halo reach are the main games I want for the 360.

Yeppers me boy, but add Mass Effect 2 to that list. Who has enough money for the first 4 months of 2010? Not as a 3 console owner (+ a DS) I don't. That and this damed wedding thing, anyone know how to convince the lass to put off the marraige until I get all my games bought?

Lastgengamer said:

If the Redmond Company let up now, Sony might just steal this the seventh generation from underneath it altogether.

Just one really tiny, insignificant, minute detail: this the 7th generation isn't currently Microsoft's for Sony to possibly steal. Has it passed notice that Nintendo stole this the 7th generation from Microsoft a wee while ago? Sony has a chance of stealing 2nd place off Microsoft this generation perhaps.

One thing will guarantee Natal going off gangbusters and that's if Halo: Reach is a Natal launch title. I don't think 'XBox 360 Fit' would do the job for them in terms of motivating the current install base. And they'll need the current install base to be motivated by Natal for success, because 40 million+ households already owning a 360 can't be ignored. They'll need a good 10-15% of the current base to adopt Natal for it to be the raging success that they want it to be. With a title that is a known quantity they can get a decent % of the base. Titles that are unknown quantities aren't going to get the base excited enough.

Yeah a repackaged, re-tooled 360 along with Natal would also do the job. I could see that putting 360 well ahead of Wii at least in America for the rest of the generation

2009 will be a middling year for 360, it won't be the best, it won't be the worst.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Cool.

So they're going to topple a dictator, piss off a bunch of innocent civilians, and hunt down some WMDs (Wii MotionPlus Dongles). Sounds like fun!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
heruamon said:
damndl0ser said:
^^^

Blasted axe grinders.

well ,you know   : Sony ,Google , Apple , Disney =    

Microsoft                                                              = 

Some  people are  very pathetic ,..

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

^^^

LMAO!!!!

EDIT: Microsoft has alot of hope riding on natal, I think that Natal will be the "make it or break it" for MS in the sense that can MS hold it's 2nd this gen. I think many people overlook the fact that the 360 install base does have it's family/casual games(I think it's 8m-10m) so natal will most definetly sell, the question is whether the money gained from Natal  be greater than the production costs of Natal. IMO Natal has more of a chance of success than the PS wand(coming from a pro-sony guy) but I would like to be proven wrong.

binary solo said:
Lastgengamer said:

If the Redmond Company let up now, Sony might just steal this the seventh generation from underneath it altogether.

Just one really tiny, insignificant, minute detail: this the 7th generation isn't currently Microsoft's for Sony to possibly steal. Has it passed notice that Nintendo stole this the 7th generation from Microsoft a wee while ago? Sony has a chance of stealing 2nd place off Microsoft this generation perhaps.

One thing will guarantee Natal going off gangbusters and that's if Halo: Reach is a Natal launch title. I don't think 'XBox 360 Fit' would do the job for them in terms of motivating the current install base. And they'll need the current install base to be motivated by Natal for success, because 40 million+ households already owning a 360 can't be ignored. They'll need a good 10-15% of the current base to adopt Natal for it to be the raging success that they want it to be. With a title that is a known quantity they can get a decent % of the base. Titles that are unknown quantities aren't going to get the base excited enough.

Yeah a repackaged, re-tooled 360 along with Natal would also do the job. I could see that putting 360 well ahead of Wii at least in America for the rest of the generation

2009 will be a middling year for 360, it won't be the best, it won't be the worst.

My problem with Natal is how would you play Halo with it? Actually how would you play any games that we hardcore gamers play. I hope that they release a one hand controller so you can also have buttons or analog at the same time you make movement. For now it seems that natal is aiming towards the casual player market so I dont understand why it is getting so much praise and attention from the current userbase.

Lurker said:
2009 was terrible for 360. Only like 2 exclusives came out on it.

if you're going to make a statement like this...shouldn't you at least TRY to look some shit up before posting nonsense?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

ill wait and see before i pass judgement

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!