By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US Hardware data UP - PS3 Sales UP + Predictions for 40GB

@NJ5

thank you for taking notice of something "fans" of other systems are ignoring

BUT

Spider-Man 3 was a pretty disappointing movie....so dunno how thats gonna go down...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

Ratchet and Clank was released.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

These PS3 numbers would be great if the Wii & 360 were not at 140k+. The PS3 is getting buried in the US.

Those are some pretty impressive Wii and 360 numbers.

YEs wii/360 are doing wel...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

Yep, the PS3 is picking up speed. It's unfair to compare this week's sales of the PS3 to the 360, because the latter sells for $349, a whopping $150 less than the currently cheapest PS3 ($499). Once the $399 PS3 arrives and the triple A titles arrive, that'll be a fairer comparison.

Anyone who thinks a 63% increase in sales can be attributed to holiday sales is being silly. The price drop for the 80GB had its effect this week, plain and simple. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Ya, the holiday rush doesn't really start until November.

Price cut helped. Not sure how the 40gb will help. People might bite, but Idk.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ratchet and Klank and Guitar Hero 3 would have also helped

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

PS3 will hit 60k this week then boom to 120-150k the following week.