By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

My only concern for Gt's growth is the Japanese-centric view of the Automotive world, once it wasn't a big concern and could be justified by Japan's place as home to many of the worlds major manufacturer's but now it it seems to be interfering with the game , An example of this is the endurance events one japanese track gets 2 events yet there is no Daytona also iconic US tracks like Watkins Glen ,Road Atlanta etc don't get a leg in, same with British tracks , i hope they learn as Japan is not the video games market it once was.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

Turned on the telly this morning to the 24 hr  sports channel just in time for the start to the Daytona 24 hr the TV program guide said 7hrs so not sure if they will show the ending tomorrow  GT5 should have a Daytona 24 hr with some riley/chev prototypes can't see them getting any riley/porsche ones

Daytona 24 Hr would be a pretty good addition. It's kinda a shame that they don't have more variety in the endurance races. There are so many other endurance races that could have been added. Sebring, Road Atlanta, Spa..

At least with Daytona they have the road course sitting there all they have to do is create the event so they can't use Track building as an excuse.

Yup, but even using the Daytona Road Course, there's something that's bothering me. I've been watching bits of the 24 Hour race, and it kinda strikes me as odd how the double bus stop chicane, before the last oval stretch seems to bit a bit shorter than the track on GT5.

Yes they resurfaced a large part of the track and the cars take it much faster so this might make it seem shorter or they could have shortened it although they never mentioned any layout changes just the major resurface but they did mention it enabling them to enter it three abreast

Three days away from hitting level 40 on B-Spec. Finally my PS3 will have some rest, as I'll go to my parents house for a week afterwards xD. 

Though, even completing B-Spec (reaching Level 40 and doing Nürburgring 24H endurance), I won't be completely done with the mode, yet. To get the Air of Experience trophy, my main Bob needs to drive 500 races...and he's 250 races away from that mark >_>.

Probably going to be the last trophy, along with Car Collector, before nabbing the Platinum trophy. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I havent been able to play GT5 recently due to classes starting again. :( mjk45 I will get you your car when I can. Also, they added the Bentley Speed8 two days after I got my own which I spent 3 hours looking for, not only that but the one on the Online dealer has less miles.

^_^

skeezer said:

I havent been able to play GT5 recently due to classes starting again. :( mjk45 I will get you your car when I can. Also, they added the Bentley Speed8 two days after I got my own which I spent 3 hours looking for, not only that but the one on the Online dealer has less miles.

thats ok good luck with your classes and if it doesn't turn up don't sweat it.

Around the Network

After 13 long, long days grinding B-Spec, I finally reached level 40 and completed Nürburgring 24H endurance race.

Got to say, I was pretty disappointed with the Prize car...I mean, a Mclaren MP4-12C, really PD? A car you can buy at anytime is the prize for the toughest endurance race in the game? Granted, it was B-Spec, but still it's a pretty lame prize >_>.

Thankfully I lucked out in the Gift Level 24 ticket, as I managed to get a Ferrari F2007 out of it, just as Skeezer predicted XD. That saved me 12.5M Cr, and now I'm left with 8.4M Cr without knowing what to do with them, as I already got the Miura

Oh, I also made a nice discovery. You don't need to win Gold trophies on every A-Spec and B-Spec event to get the Gold Standard trophy, you just need to do it in one of the modes. I got mine when I finished Nürb on B-Spec and I've still got to do it on A-Spec. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@mjk45: The Tickford Falcon car is available in Gran Turismo 3. I always wanted one of those cars so I could race on it all day. Glad to see that it made it in this game and I'll be on the look out for it.

Wii Friend Code: 0073-1348-5095-6720

Other Wii Friend Codes: Ask via PM.

PSN ID: Limelight788

Limelight788 said:

@mjk45: The Tickford Falcon car is available in Gran Turismo 3. I always wanted one of those cars so I could race on it all day. Glad to see that it made it in this game and I'll be on the look out for it.

yep i used to use it on the Smokey  mountain course races because you could use  gravel tires on it and the course had both gravel and bitumen and it smoked em pardon the pun , PS it is unusual for an American to be interested in an old Australian V8 supercar. It is quite funny that the Tickford used  a 5 litre / 302 motor , most Australian   V8 performance Fords before then used the  the 5.7 litre/ 351 cui motor that became famous when used in the Phase III GTHO Falcon that was the worlds fastest four door production car in it's  time, and now run 6 litre hand built engines,  even the A9X Torana hatch back ( my avatar) ran a 5.2 litre V8 308 cui motor

I have one probelem with GT5... Its awful! The graphics arent nearly as good as promised, the gameplay gets boring and trying to get an online private lobby is more complex then the chemicals reactions that happen in a car engine. Whta were you thinking Yamauchi?

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

i have a GT40 '69 ,Toyota GT-ONE  to trade