By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
skeezer said:
lestatdark said:

What's everyone's expectations for this week's seasonal events? 

Since they already added a DTM and Super GT event, I hope they add a LMP/Group C event this time around. Or at least another fun one, like the Schwimmwagen event

I hope they do add an LMP/Group C event but the first week their were lots of LMPs in the Online dealer, and if they add an LMP event they'd have to add them again to the online dealer. I wonder what they'll do but im looking forward to the new bonus races.

Yup, if anything for the easy Cr and a bit more exp to my A-Spec level, even if it's just 350K exp. 

It's gonna be Bob's first pause after having driven over 30.000 km on the past week alone

you slave driver you

I'm always afraid that all of my six bobs would get up and start a riot when I leave them racing all day long. Imagine my PS3 over-run by mini Stigs destroying all my saves

well you can't say you didn't get your six bobs worth

Ahahaha yeah  

Poor guys though, they still have to race 8 more Le Mans 24 Hrs after this one is finished in 3 hours... I would rebel against myself as well

are you sure about doing that, may be PD have some things planned in the future  to make leveling up easier or at least give us some new A and B spec events to level up with, it seems obvious that they took this tack to keep us involved for the long term while they make more stuff ,so on goes the tread mill.

I don't mind constantly grinding Le Mans 24 Hrs on B-Spec now, since I'm on exams season and I don't have time to sit down and play anything really. 

So, when exams season is over, I'll be at level 40 B-Spec and won't have to bother with it anymore

so what Car(s) are you using for LM24 B-spec

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
skeezer said:
lestatdark said:

What's everyone's expectations for this week's seasonal events? 

Since they already added a DTM and Super GT event, I hope they add a LMP/Group C event this time around. Or at least another fun one, like the Schwimmwagen event

I hope they do add an LMP/Group C event but the first week their were lots of LMPs in the Online dealer, and if they add an LMP event they'd have to add them again to the online dealer. I wonder what they'll do but im looking forward to the new bonus races.

Yup, if anything for the easy Cr and a bit more exp to my A-Spec level, even if it's just 350K exp. 

It's gonna be Bob's first pause after having driven over 30.000 km on the past week alone

you slave driver you

I'm always afraid that all of my six bobs would get up and start a riot when I leave them racing all day long. Imagine my PS3 over-run by mini Stigs destroying all my saves

well you can't say you didn't get your six bobs worth

Ahahaha yeah  

Poor guys though, they still have to race 8 more Le Mans 24 Hrs after this one is finished in 3 hours... I would rebel against myself as well

are you sure about doing that, may be PD have some things planned in the future  to make leveling up easier or at least give us some new A and B spec events to level up with, it seems obvious that they took this tack to keep us involved for the long term while they make more stuff ,so on goes the tread mill.

I don't mind constantly grinding Le Mans 24 Hrs on B-Spec now, since I'm on exams season and I don't have time to sit down and play anything really. 

So, when exams season is over, I'll be at level 40 B-Spec and won't have to bother with it anymore

so what Car(s) are you using for LM24 B-spec

X2010 Sebastian Vettel, since it pretty much it's a 100% guaranteed victory.

For the first one though, I used the Minolta Toyota, and my main Bob managed to win it even without any command with 2 laps advantage over the 2nd place car.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Glad to see a few people interest in it and I'm considering organizing an online group now, although it'll have to be during a a stretch of period that I have time, like Spring Break or a three-day weekend. Like lestatdark, I don't have much time for games due to school. (So I'm not rushing anyone)

I'll wait to see until a few more people gains interest in it or if anyone else wants to make one instead at an earlier time.

Wii Friend Code: 0073-1348-5095-6720

Other Wii Friend Codes: Ask via PM.

PSN ID: Limelight788

Kinda disappointed with the Bonus Races of this seasonal event. I was really hoping for a Group C/LMP race, especially since they added the Bentley Speed 8 and Sauber C9 to the Online UCD.

Oh well, got myself three brand new cars, and I've got to say, the RM version of the Suzuki Cappuccino is probably one of the best small cars I've ever driven in GT5!

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Kinda disappointed with the Bonus Races of this seasonal event. I was really hoping for a Group C/LMP race, especially since they added the Bentley Speed 8 and Sauber C9 to the Online UCD.

Oh well, got myself three brand new cars, and I've got to say, the RM version of the Suzuki Cappuccino is probably one of the best small cars I've ever driven in GT5!

I'm sure they've got more in the works and a group C will be there probably as the fifth race

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:

I'm sure they've got more in the works and a group C will be there probably as the fifth race

Yeah, Seasonal Events will be up, constantly, each week, which is a nice addition for GT5. 

I really hope they do, and that they keep the current difficulty in those events. This week's Bonus Races, except for the Vette race, were of a moderate difficulty, as you couldn't beat any race with bare stock cars.

Current PC Build

Turned on the telly this morning to the 24 hr  sports channel just in time for the start to the Daytona 24 hr the TV program guide said 7hrs so not sure if they will show the ending tomorrow  GT5 should have a Daytona 24 hr with some riley/chev prototypes can't see them getting any riley/porsche ones

mjk45 said:

Turned on the telly this morning to the 24 hr  sports channel just in time for the start to the Daytona 24 hr the TV program guide said 7hrs so not sure if they will show the ending tomorrow  GT5 should have a Daytona 24 hr with some riley/chev prototypes can't see them getting any riley/porsche ones

Daytona 24 Hr would be a pretty good addition. It's kinda a shame that they don't have more variety in the endurance races. There are so many other endurance races that could have been added. Sebring, Road Atlanta, Spa..

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

Daytona 24 Hr would be a pretty good addition. It's kinda a shame that they don't have more variety in the endurance races. There are so many other endurance races that could have been added. Sebring, Road Atlanta, Spa..

At least with Daytona they have the road course sitting there all they have to do is create the event so they can't use Track building as an excuse.

mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

At least with Daytona they have the road course sitting there all they have to do is create the event so they can't use Track building as an excuse.

Yup, but even using the Daytona Road Course, there's something that's bothering me. I've been watching bits of the 24 Hour race, and it kinda strikes me as odd how the double bus stop chicane, before the last oval stretch seems to bit a bit shorter than the track on GT5.

Current PC Build