By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

any one seen the Falcon XR8 2000 model V8 supercar ,some people say you only race against it in the game others reckon they bought one ? love to know the truth as it is one of very few Aussie cars in the game Damn Codemasters having the V8's licence and not using it since the ps2's race car driver titled V8 supercar race driver in Australia.

I think I've raced it before as well, but I haven't seen it in the UCD at any given time. Mind you, the only time I ever used the UCD was for the FGT and 2J, so Skeezer might have have seen it, since he spends more time in the UCD, looking for LMP/Class C cars.

I think I've found out a great tip to level up to A-Spec 40, without too much of a hassle. It seems that in Le Mans 24 Hrs, the AI never drives more than 370 laps. In that case, using an X1 would only take about 15 hours to get those laps done, depending on conditions. 

how does that work .it supposed to be a timed race not laps, that's why you often hear of a car winning while setting a new laps completed record

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

any one seen the Falcon XR8 2000 model V8 supercar ,some people say you only race against it in the game others reckon they bought one ? love to know the truth as it is one of very few Aussie cars in the game Damn Codemasters having the V8's licence and not using it since the ps2's race car driver titled V8 supercar race driver in Australia.

I think I've raced it before as well, but I haven't seen it in the UCD at any given time. Mind you, the only time I ever used the UCD was for the FGT and 2J, so Skeezer might have have seen it, since he spends more time in the UCD, looking for LMP/Class C cars.

I think I've found out a great tip to level up to A-Spec 40, without too much of a hassle. It seems that in Le Mans 24 Hrs, the AI never drives more than 370 laps. In that case, using an X1 would only take about 15 hours to get those laps done, depending on conditions. 

how does that work .it supposed to be a timed race not laps, that's why you often hear of a car winning while setting a new laps completed record

I've read that tip over at GTPlanet. Supposedly, the fastest car that enters the Le Mans 24 Hrs, even if the conditions remain sunny during the entire race, given the average lap times that the A.I pulls, only manages to get 370 laps at the end of the 24 Hrs.

In theory, if you do more than 370 laps in less time, the lap advantage that you would have, would be sufficient to "park" the X2010 on the side of the road while the timer runs ,and still win.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

Yes, I have seen it in the UCD, but I didn't really like it so I moved on. If I see it again, you can always add me on PSN [skeezer-92], I can buy it and trade with you. 

Speaking of the UCD, last night I spent 3 hours looking for the Speed 8, and right when I was ready to give up.... BAM there it is. :D So now I have:

Mazda 787b Race Car '91 -- Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89 -- Nissan R92CP Race Car '92 -- MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89 -- Toyota GT-ONE Race Car [TS020] '99 -- Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03

If anyone have a list of all the Group C and LMP cars in GT5, could you please post it? :)

^_^

skeezer said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

Yes, I have seen it in the UCD, but I didn't really like it so I moved on. If I see it again, you can always add me on PSN [skeezer-92], I can buy it and trade with you. 

Speaking of the UCD, last night I spent 3 hours looking for the Speed 8, and right when I was ready to give up.... BAM there it is. :D So now I have:

Mazda 787b Race Car '91 -- Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89 -- Nissan R92CP Race Car '92 -- MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89 -- Toyota GT-ONE Race Car [TS020] '99 -- Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03

If anyone have a list of all the Group C and LMP cars in GT5, could you please post it? :)

Nice collection of Group C/LMP cars

Here's the full list:

- (S) Audi R8 Race Car '01
- (S) Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Playstation Team ORECA) '05
- (P) Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06
- (S) Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
- (S) BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
- (S) Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88
- (P) Mazda 787B Race Car '91
- (S) Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89
- (S) Nissan R89C Race Car '89
- (S) Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
- (S) Pescarolo Sport Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03
- (S) Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05
- (S) Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo-Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04
- (S) Peugeot 905 Race Car '92
- (P) Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10
- (P) Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10
- (S) Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99
- (S) Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

I've read that tip over at GTPlanet. Supposedly, the fastest car that enters the Le Mans 24 Hrs, even if the conditions remain sunny during the entire race, given the average lap times that the A.I pulls, only manages to get 370 laps at the end of the 24 Hrs.

In theory, if you do more than 370 laps in less time, the lap advantage that you would have, would be sufficient to "park" the X2010 on the side of the road while the timer runs ,and still win.

Ah i misunderstood you i thought you where talking about doing the event in 15 hrs thus shortening the time it takes rather than what you meant, making it easier by only having to complete 370 laps and sit out the rest

Around the Network
skeezer said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

Thanks for the offer skeezer i most certainly will add you i to don't think much of it it is now outdated but at the time they where more powerful than a nascar and although they usualy ran at 600 odd hp  they could be tuned up to 900 hp plus it a ford and I'm a Holden General Motors fan

I'd be up for an online group, although I can only race during the weekend and even then, am trying to put more focus on school so access is kind of sporadic.

Right now, my best car is a Lamborghini Murcielago, although that's because I've only gotten to Lv. 17 and haven't gotten to the harder A-Spec races yet (The only reason why I got my Murcielago is because I was patience and relied on the special races).

Looking forward to communicating with this group more.

Wii Friend Code: 0073-1348-5095-6720

Other Wii Friend Codes: Ask via PM.

PSN ID: Limelight788

I'm all up for such a group, but I'll only be able to participate after February 7, since I'm currently on my Master's Degree exams season.

I might be at a high A-Spec level, but I have cars for all tastes and situations, so I can adapt to whatever condition everyone would like to set.
I'll have to "dust" off my A-Spec skills before I start racing online again though, as I haven't done a single A-Spec race besides the Seasonal Events Bonus Races, but those are piss poor easy even on non-tuned, full stock cars (outside the Schwimmwagen event , I've yet to modify even the stock tyres). 

B-Spec Bob and his friends are doing all the grinding now. Finally started the last grinding stretch to 40, the 11 Le Mans 24 Hrs races needed to go from 35 to 40 xD.

Current PC Build

Bobs have just finished their first Le Mans 24 Hrs. Got a nifty Toyota GT-One as a prize, a measly 287K Cr and 2.24M exp. 

Now comes the nice part....in order to get to level 40, they need to do this same endurance...10 more times >_>. If my PS3 melts in the mean time, i'll mail it to PD and ask them for a new one xD.

Current PC Build

I can participate in online races as well. Someone should organize this, it may be really fun.