By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

michael_stutzer said:
lestatdark said:
michael_stutzer said:

I am trying to find a touring car, such as the Astra one, but I can't find any in the used car shop. I have completed, say 50 races just to refresh the shop's list but no luck. Can anyone give one to me for a few days? I don't have many cars if you want one in return though, but I'll do my best.

The Online Used Car Dealership has one for sale for the week starting today and ending next thursday.

Thank you. Finally I'll be able to get gold on that event, it was frustrating. I don't understand why all cars are available at anytime

Thank you also skeezer.

You're welcome. I agree, it's very frustrating to want a UCD car and sometimes having to wait hours and hours for it to appear. 

When I was doing the UCD trick (going into license B-1, pressing next until B-5, giving you a full set of 30 new UCD cars), it took me more than one hour to get the Formula Gran Turismo (pre 1.05).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Finally bought the last of the 20M Cr cars, the 330 P4 Ferrari

Next on my list is the 15M Cr Lamborghini Miura, then the 12,5M Cr Ferrari 2007 and then the rest of the LMP cars.

My garage is filling up nicely  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Lestat I wouldnt buy either of the 2 Ferrari F1 cars if I were you... You get 2 lvl24 tickets [a-spec and b-spec] for completing the 9 endurance races in each. There are on 3 lvl24 cars in the game, the 2 F1 cars and the FGT. So unless you get 2 FGT [which would be a fail] you are probably gonna get the F2007.

Also thanks for the tip of going from B1-B5 to get a new list of cars, I had no idea o.o.

^_^

skeezer said:

Lestat I wouldnt buy either of the 2 Ferrari F1 cars if I were you... You get 2 lvl24 tickets [a-spec and b-spec] for completing the 9 endurance races in each. There are on 3 lvl24 cars in the game, the 2 F1 cars and the FGT. So unless you get 2 FGT [which would be a fail] you are probably gonna get the F2007.

Also thanks for the tip of going from B1-B5 to get a new list of cars, I had no idea o.o.

Yeah, I know about the Level 24 Gift Tickets, but since I've got really bad luck when it comes to these things, I'd rather not take my chances  

All my gift tickets so far have been utter crap, except the Ford GT40 Race Car '69.

I learned that trick from GTPlanet boards, it really does help make the UCD go faster.

Current PC Build

skeezer said:
4k1x3r said:
skeezer said:

I have a couple of duplicates but non that are really that expensive.

x2 Ferrari F40

x3 RUF BTR 86'

x4 Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX SS ver.

x2 Carbon R  (R34)

x2 Midget II D type

Willing to trade for any of these o.o

Care to explain how did you achieve this? xD

It took me a month to finally see one, so I though it was pretty rare and have bought it every time I see it in the UCD. I have 4 now and wanna build an army of 100 8D. Bet you thought I duped it or something, nah I like doing things legit.

Bet lost by a moutain. No I know having 2 same cars was possible, because you buy it and then you get it as a prize (always makes me angry btw). But I thought that when you bought one car, you couldn't buy the same twice, so here you taught me something about the game, I didn't knew you could buy unlimited same model. But no matter what, why did you buy them eventhough they were rare? ^^ (I'm asking this because I'm paying attention to every single credit spent uselessly, I want that 20M Mark!)

Around the Network

One thing I dislike about GT5 is that you get the choice to scroll through all, or most of the premium cars, but you have to wait ridiculous amount of time to get that one standard car that you want.

They should patch the game and give access to all the standard cars from one single menu.  So you can get whichever car you want whenever you want.  

1031 cars in the game, yet you only have access to like 250 of them at one given time.  This is ridiculous.

Hynad said:

One thing I dislike about GT5 is that you get the choice to scroll through all, or most of the premium cars, but you have to wait ridiculous amount of time to get that one standard car that you want.

They should patch the game and give access to all the standard cars from one single menu.  So you can get whichever car you want whenever you want.  

1031 cars in the game, yet you only have access to like 250 of them at one given time.  This is ridiculous.

Completely agree. They should have left this system of 30 "daily" random cars on GT:PSP. 

It wasn't good then and on GT5 is plain annoying. I spent hours scrolling the UCD searching for a 2J only to find that it's cost was almost 13M Cr >_> (this was pre 1.05)

At least give us an heads-up about the cost of the UCD cars, even if they're not available in the current 30 car draft.  

Current PC Build

I've spent 2 hours looking for the Speed 8 and havent found it yet, It feels weird though cuz I've seen the Tank Car and C60 both 2 times in those 2 hours.

^_^

any one seen the Falcon XR8 2000 model V8 supercar ,some people say you only race against it in the game others reckon they bought one ? love to know the truth as it is one of very few Aussie cars in the game Damn Codemasters having the V8's licence and not using it since the ps2's race car driver titled V8 supercar race driver in Australia.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

any one seen the Falcon XR8 2000 model V8 supercar ,some people say you only race against it in the game others reckon they bought one ? love to know the truth as it is one of very few Aussie cars in the game Damn Codemasters having the V8's licence and not using it since the ps2's race car driver titled V8 supercar race driver in Australia.

I think I've raced it before as well, but I haven't seen it in the UCD at any given time. Mind you, the only time I ever used the UCD was for the FGT and 2J, so Skeezer might have have seen it, since he spends more time in the UCD, looking for LMP/Class C cars.

I think I've found out a great tip to level up to A-Spec 40, without too much of a hassle. It seems that in Le Mans 24 Hrs, the AI never drives more than 370 laps. In that case, using an X1 would only take about 15 hours to get those laps done, depending on conditions. 

Current PC Build