By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

lestatdark said:

Well that's it folks. I really want to thank all of you that supported me in this endurance and I hope I have done a good enough job to provide you with accurate descriptions of what was my experience in one of the most extenuating races that exists 

I will probably be doing a similar report when I finally hit level 40 and race the Nurburgring 24H. I hope to see you all then 

Bravo dark lestat, you are awesome :).

Q: I presume you did not have the reduces rain slippery thing on. But then it is strange that you didn't need the rain tyres while raining heavily as you said. That's not too realistic. Plus you said that there were times when you spun out a lot. I don't know what a lot means in your book (I presume 2 -3 spins seing as you are ace at this), but didn't you damage the car at all? Were you lucky not to hit something or was there no damage? Or did you fix it in the pits?

Did you save the progress of just went to XMB?

Around the Network
ithis said:
lestatdark said:

Well that's it folks. I really want to thank all of you that supported me in this endurance and I hope I have done a good enough job to provide you with accurate descriptions of what was my experience in one of the most extenuating races that exists 

I will probably be doing a similar report when I finally hit level 40 and race the Nurburgring 24H. I hope to see you all then 

Bravo dark lestat, you are awesome :).

Q: I presume you did not have the reduces rain slippery thing on. But then it is strange that you didn't need the rain tyres while raining heavily as you said. That's not too realistic. Plus you said that there were times when you spun out a lot. I don't know what a lot means in your book (I presume 2 -3 spins seing as you are ace at this), but didn't you damage the car at all? Were you lucky not to hit something or was there no damage? Or did you fix it in the pits?

Did you save the progress of just went to XMB?

Nope,  I don't think Slippery reduction is available for GT Life mode, I've only seen it for Arcade mode. 

Neither do I use Skid Recovery Force, the only assist I use is ABS = 1, mainly because of a bug that's present in almost all wheels, except the Fanatec GTS, where with ABS = 0, even a slight touch to the brakes locks them up.

Most of the times I spun out were either on the Mulsanne chicanes or on the porsche curves, so I had a lot of track and sand exits to avoid clipping the barriers.  My car got damaged, mostly due to the initial bumps in the rain and from trying to take corners too hot while going over the kerbs, which ruined my suspension. 

Plus, over 5000km really takes a toll in your engine power. After finishing the race, going back to GT Auto and doing an oil change, the maximum power was of 762 BHP, where at the start of the race was 831 BHP. 

I saved the progress after finishing the race.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Nope,  I don't think Slippery reduction is available for GT Life mode, I've only seen it for Arcade mode. 

Neither do I use Skid Recovery Force, the only assist I use is ABS = 1, mainly because of a bug that's present in almost all wheels, except the Fanatec GTS, where with ABS = 0, even a slight touch to the brakes locks them up.

Most of the times I spun out were either on the Mulsanne chicanes or on the porsche curves, so I had a lot of track and sand exits to avoid clipping the barriers.  My car got damaged, mostly due to the initial bumps in the rain and from trying to take corners too hot while going over the kerbs, which ruined my suspension. 

Plus, over 5000km really takes a toll in your engine power.
After finishing the race, going back to GT Auto and doing an oil change, the maximum power was of 762 BHP, where at the start of the race was 831 BHP. 

... How come you managed the best times at the end of the race then? Was it just a state of mind? I do understand that on rain the laps were slower ofcourse, but then you had 10 hours of good weather, and with the suspension and engine degrading constantly one would think that you would hit the car's lap potential shortly after sunreise, when the trask wormed a little but the air not soo much? (Or does the car have an intercooler and is not afected by air temperature.) Either way, you said the care became less stable and less powerfull yet you ran faster and faster times. Sounds wierd a bit.

ithis said:
lestatdark said:

Plus, over 5000km really takes a toll in your engine power.
After finishing the race, going back to GT Auto and doing an oil change, the maximum power was of 762 BHP, where at the start of the race was 831 BHP. 

... How come you managed the best times at the end of the race then? Was it just a state of mind? I do understand that on rain the laps were slower ofcourse, but then you had 10 hours of good weather, and with the suspension and engine degrading constantly one would think that you would hit the car's lap potential shortly after sunreise, when the trask wormed a little but the air not soo much? (Or does the car have an intercooler and is not afected by air temperature.) Either way, you said the care became less stable and less powerfull yet you ran faster and faster times. Sounds wierd a bit.

My fast lap was set on lap 238, right after the 15th hour mark, not on the 21st hour mark

I forgot to add it to the 18th hour mark report, but I specified in which lap I had done it. By the 18th hour mark, when the first signs of (edit - Engine) degradation were showing, I was already at lap 288. 

Also, the conditions for that lap were optimal, mainly because I had some very good drafting points. In each of the three main straights of the Mulsanne, right after the Mulsanne corner and after Arnage. It was a sequence of drafts that I couldn't match in any other lap of the race. Added to that, I also managed to take the Porsche corners and the Ford chicanes in the fastest way possible as well.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

My fast lap was set on lap 238, right after the 15th hour mark, not on the 21st hour mark

I forgot to add it to the 18th hour mark report, but I specified in which lap I had done it. By the 18th hour mark, when the first signs of (edit - Engine) degradation were showing, I was already at lap 288. 

Also, the conditions for that lap were optimal, mainly because I had some very good drafting points. In each of the three main straights of the Mulsanne, right after the Mulsanne corner and after Arnage. It was a sequence of drafts that I couldn't match in any other lap of the race. Added to that, I also managed to take the Porsche corners and the Ford chicanes in the fastest way possible as well.

Aha, and aha :P. it sounded like you were improoving even at the end, that's why I asked. Anyways, congrats to you, great report and race :).

Around the Network

Does anyone have any tips how to do the vettel event with the ds3?

Does it work better with or without assists? I had trouble with the Sebastian Loeb challenge as well until I realized that asm and tcs were reset to default, without them my lap times instantly improved by 15 sec, instant gold.

There seems to be a slight delay with the x2010 when I steer, is that the car or my display lag? I'm still 10 sec under bronze on monza, which is supposed to be the easiest of the 3.

SvennoJ said:

Does anyone have any tips how to do the vettel event with the ds3?

Does it work better with or without assists? I had trouble with the Sebastian Loeb challenge as well until I realized that asm and tcs were reset to default, without them my lap times instantly improved by 15 sec, instant gold.

There seems to be a slight delay with the x2010 when I steer, is that the car or my display lag? I'm still 10 sec under bronze on monza, which is supposed to be the easiest of the 3.

You could try using Skid Recovery Force and set TCS to 0, but the X2010 has enough grip as it is.

I've read about other people having that sort of delay while turning the X2010, so it musn't be display lag. Even with the DFGT, I had to turn the wheel in a rather harsh manner to do the corners in the fastest way possible.

Current PC Build

It really bogs my mind why you can't sell most of the reward cars. I have two Ford GT40 Race Car '69 and Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car and I don't know what to do with the duplicates >_>.

Oh well, if anyone wants them, i'll gladly gift them.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
4k1x3r said:
Hynad said:
4k1x3r said:

Can someone send me the X2010 using the thing that enables anyone to bring it back eventhough it was gifted please? :p

Get out of here already.  ¬_¬

??

If you want dupes, this is the wrong thread for it.

Just to make it clear, it was a joke I just felt making it when I saw he was talking about the X2010, that's the first thing. Second thing I did it on purpose because I knew it was going to make some people mad. Third thing, that's why I said "the thing that bla bla bla" instead of duping just for the fun as if I didn't know what it is. Fourth thing, I didn't understand why Hynad had to answer this way... I awaited a harsh answer but not of this kind. Fifth thing, I'm lvl 27 at 50% on A-Spec, I'm not a lazy ass on GT5 I'll get it myself (more rewarding).

By the way, GFK confirmed JV.Com that 520,000 copies were sod in France in 2010. But as always they never make the whole information clear, are they counting bundles sales or not (like NPD), if so then over 200,000 sales are not tracked (for sure 60% are sold).

4k1x3r said:
lestatdark said:
4k1x3r said:
Hynad said:
4k1x3r said:

Can someone send me the X2010 using the thing that enables anyone to bring it back eventhough it was gifted please? :p

Get out of here already.  ¬_¬

??

If you want dupes, this is the wrong thread for it.

Just to make it clear, it was a joke I just felt making it when I saw he was talking about the X2010, that's the first thing. Second thing I did it on purpose because I knew it was going to make some people mad. Third thing, that's why I said "the thing that bla bla bla" instead of duping just for the fun as if I didn't know what it is. Fourth thing, I didn't understand why Hynad had to answer this way... I awaited a harsh answer but not of this kind. Fifth thing, I'm lvl 27 at 50% on A-Spec, I'm not a lazy ass on GT5 I'll get it myself (more rewarding).

By the way, GFK confirmed JV.Com that 520,000 copies were sod in France in 2010. But as always they never make the whole information clear, are they counting bundles sales or not (like NPD), if so then over 200,000 sales are not tracked (for sure 60% are sold).

You may think I was rude, but I think most people asking for dupes don't realize how rude they are themselves.