By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Play Together, VGChartz! Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen

bonkers555 said:
This game is on my TOP 5 games of all-time!

Come play with us! Never hurts to start up a file, eh?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Is it COMPLETELY randomized? Because I stuck her in Lans's unit, made her the leader, and they butchered no less than four enemy units in a row, with no breaks and no healing inbetween. It was incredible. That stuff is potentially gamebreaking early on! The idea of having two is kind of chilling.

I keep getting surprised by this game, though. I started off thinkign it was really barebones and clunky.... but the more I play the smoother and more comfortable it it. It's like playing Person of Lordly Caliber all over again, for the first time.

Yup, they're completely random. I currently have three Undead Rings...and one Staff.

Gonna make an Undead Dragon with one of those?

Also who's your pick for your Lich? I know you've got someone picked out

Why, my great and feared Sorcerer, of course. Soon, the Forces of Good will tremble before the might of the Lich King...PIZZA!!!

That's something else that needs to be mentioned: the random name generator can create some HILARIOUS generic units.

Oh, and I never use Large Units: it's always more effective to replace that Dragon/Giant with two Paladins or whatnot. More health, more attack, etc. This is even more true in the 64 version, where large units are even more inept at keeping up.

Khuutra said:

if he's going evil i'd suggest Warren.  Nothing more fun then turning Warren into a Lich and Lans into a Vampire when your evil.

Much more laid back being evil, though you do need to mess with alignment crap since your characters usually end up at 0 alignment which doesn't promote into a lot tier 3 wise.

Around the Network

My great and powerful Knight who will lead my people out of the dark is named Wally.

....Is there a way to change names?

Also, a lot of people suggest taking one of the special Wizard/Mages and making them into the Lich. Does this make them die in story terms?

Khuutra said:
My great and powerful Knight who will lead my people out of the dark is named Wally.

Also, a lot of people suggest taking one of the special Wizard/Mages and making them into the Lich. Does this make them die in story terms?

Sadly no way to change names to my knowledge... but come on... some of the ridiculious names you get are totally worth it.

As for making them die in story terms... I honsetly don't remember.  Quite honestly I've only finished the game once or twice both as a hero... despite the fact that i've started from the beggining dozens of times.

Didn't seem right to have Liches a good guy. 

wow I have never played this before

I might join too!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

if he's going evil i'd suggest Warren.  Nothing more fun then turning Warren into a Lich and Lans into a Vampire when your evil.

Much more laid back being evil, though you do need to mess with alignment crap since your characters usually end up at 0 alignment which doesn't promote into a lot tier 3 wise.

I can't kill my special units like that!

And yeah, low Chaos Frame gets worked in this game. You've got the Ninja Master, the Evil One, and that's it. At least Lordly lets your magic users do stuff with low alignment...

Khuutra said:

Nope! What you get is what you...er, get.

And I never had the heart to try and lich-ify my main dudes. Which is a problem, because I could use one of those rings on Saradin...

Aw man! I so wanted to change names.

And I find large units compeltely usable in this game. Huge stat growths in comparison, and they soak up hits like a dream. Early on an Octopus (4 attacks from the front row!?) is death incarnate on the water - and this game has a lot of water!

But then I just have an affection for the ugly bastards. There's just something so cool about being able to use dragons, you know?