By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Play Together, VGChartz! Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:

http://product.half.ebay.com/Ogre-Battle-PlayStation-1997_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ1676

Maybe no as bad as I thought.

You got an N64?

$40 eh?

Yeah, i got 2 N64's, i loved the 64, however i don't plan i taking it out of its area Nor do i plan to hook it up to my HDTV, its abit pricey for PS1 but if you guys are up to persuade'n me if this game features i'll get it and use PS3 backwards for it.

If that OP didn't convince you, I got nothin'.

Bring out hte N64 if you want to play the sequel sometime - which was better, for my money.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:

http://product.half.ebay.com/Ogre-Battle-PlayStation-1997_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ1676

Maybe no as bad as I thought.

You got an N64?

$40 eh?

Yeah, i got 2 N64's, i loved the 64, however i don't plan i taking it out of its area Nor do i plan to hook it up to my HDTV, its abit pricey for PS1 but if you guys are up to persuade'n me if this game features i'll get it and use PS3 backwards for it.

Bring out hte N64 if you want to play the sequel sometime - which was better, for my money.

Ah- O' well then.

Btw speaking of the 64, there was a game with "Quest" in and or something, i REALLY liked that game, it was an RPG, any idea on what it could be?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:

Ah- O' well then.

Btw speaking of the 64, there was a game with "Quest" in and or something, i REALLY liked that game, it was an RPG, any idea on what it could be?

.....Quest 64....?

Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:

Ah- O' well then.

.....Quest 64....?

http://www.amazon.com/Quest-64-Nintendo/dp/B00002STGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260153618&sr=8-1

omg lol! thats the actual name!? well whatever, THAT game was awesome, i remember getting punished or something for losing it cause' it was my cousins.

$5? .. .. .. *Takes out N64*

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:

.....Quest 64....?

http://www.amazon.com/Quest-64-Nintendo/dp/B00002STGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260153618&sr=8-1

omg lol! thats the actual name!? well whatever, THAT game was awesome, i remember getting punished or something for losing it cause' it was my cousins.

omg lol! thats the actual name!? well whatever, THAT game was awesome,
well whatever, THAT game was awesome,
THAT game was awesome
Well

No accounting for taste, I guess

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:

.....Quest 64....?

omg lol! thats the actual name!? well whatever, THAT game was awesome,
well whatever, THAT game was awesome,
THAT game was awesome
Well

No accounting for taste, I guess

Well i was only a kid at the time, around 8 years old give or take, i forget how old actually but i know it was a single digit number of age.

perhaps i'll agree with you once i play it again.

Khuutra said:
AW GEEZ

Okay, three things.

1. I got Norn. I guess my Reputation is high enough for right now!?

2. I got some Undead Staves, so now I have two Sorcerers.

3. 2 is partially a lie - I also got a ring of the undead. Warren is now a terrible, horrifying LICH.

For shits and giggles I went to another mission and sent Warren's unit - just him, Lans, a Wraith, and two Phantoms - straight to the boss. He steamrolled the entire level, it was horrific. The Lich is such a powerful class that ti can win battles by itself. Pure, unadulterated overkill. I hate to think how powerful he'll be when he levels up a few times.

So do you now believe me as to how overpowered the Lich class is in the game.  A lich is essentially an invincible unit, and can easily go as a standalone unit.  Since he can recruite the best undead units anywhere (even though you don't really need them) makes him even stronger.  There are very few units that you need to worry about, and since the Lich is already the end of the promotion class it doesn't hurt to lose CHA by retreating from battles.

largedarryl said:

[S]ince the Lich is already the end of the promotion class it doesn't hurt to lose CHA by retreating from battles.

Not entirely true. You could eliminate his last weakness (lowering your reputation by liberating cities) via keeping his Charisma score high. At that point, he can basically take on the whole map by himself at no cost to you!

noname2200 said:
largedarryl said:

[S]ince the Lich is already the end of the promotion class it doesn't hurt to lose CHA by retreating from battles.

Not entirely true. You could eliminate his last weakness (lowering your reputation by liberating cities) via keeping his Charisma score high. At that point, he can basically take on the whole map by himself at no cost to you!

At this point I am nearly positive that it's based on Alignment, not charisma.

@largedarryl:

Yes. Yes, this guy is titanic.

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:
largedarryl said:

At this point I am nearly positive that it's based on Alignment, not charisma.

How certain are you? I recall my reputation going higher when liberating with a unit full of vampires and werewolves (low alignments all around). Admittedly, that was a while ago.