By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 SIGNIFICANTLY Outsold Xbox 360 on Black Friday!!!!!

badgenome said:
darthdevidem01 said:
GreyianStorm said:
For the PS3, was it 400k last week, or just on Black Friday? If so, couldn't PS3 sales for the week be between 450-500k (I'm assuming lower than normal for the week leading up, due to the impending Black Friday)?

Black friday is AMERICAN SALES ONLY

I should make this clear in my OP

And blacks are only 11-12% of the population. Imagine the numbers if everyone went shopping on Friday!

Add that to your OP, too!

Post of the day!

you have surpassed now surpassed rolstoppable in my opinion!

@leo-j

270K?

lets not get ahead of ourselves

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Soriku said:

Anyone find it strange Uncharted 2 isn't listed as a big seller?

you know I did TELL EVERYONE that uncharted 2 won't have legs like the first one

so even if week 1 is huge, it may not surpass uncharted 1 in total sales (which it probably will now, but not by much)

but no-one listened to me, in time I'm sure I will be proven right

So your reasoning for Uncharted not selling well is the fact it didnt sell as well as MW2 AND AC2, and bundled games.  The game will sell 2 million copies this year, relax and watch as you lose your bet.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Between 1.2-1.3m WW for Wii seems about right i would say.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

i was expecting like 500k

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

psrock said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Soriku said:

Anyone find it strange Uncharted 2 isn't listed as a big seller?

you know I did TELL EVERYONE that uncharted 2 won't have legs like the first one

so even if week 1 is huge, it may not surpass uncharted 1 in total sales (which it probably will now, but not by much)

but no-one listened to me, in time I'm sure I will be proven right

So your reasoning for Uncharted not selling well is the fact it didnt sell as well as MW2 AND AC2, and bundled games.  The game will sell 2 million copies this year, relax and watch as you lose your bet.

I don't have that bet with anyone

@serious frusting

WHY?!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
badgenome said:
darthdevidem01 said:
GreyianStorm said:
For the PS3, was it 400k last week, or just on Black Friday? If so, couldn't PS3 sales for the week be between 450-500k (I'm assuming lower than normal for the week leading up, due to the impending Black Friday)?

And blacks are only 11-12% of the population. Imagine the numbers if everyone went shopping on Friday!

Post of the day!

@leo-j

270K?

There is a chance the 360 sees a low 20-30k boost, and the PS3 sees a bigger boost, but ofcourse that is very unlikely, 270K is just saying there is a POSSIBILITY, but again, i believe the gap is closer to 180K than it is to 270K.

mM
leo-j said:
darthdevidem01 said:
badgenome said:
darthdevidem01 said:
GreyianStorm said:

Post of the day!

@leo-j

270K?

There is a chance the 360 sees a low 20-30k boost, and the PS3 sees a bigger boost, but ofcourse that is very unlikely, 270K is just saying there is a POSSIBILITY, but again, i believe the gap is closer to 180K than it is to 270K.

180K would be so amazing lol

your new avatar is very nice btw

Anyone have a link to the black Friday predictions thread?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

This?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93632

ethomaz said:
Euphoria14 said:

This?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93632

I believe this also qualifies:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93666