By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW Famitsu FF13 screenshots! INCREDIBLE!

well not uncharted 2, but at least it's pretty.

i guess i hav ebeen spoiled by uncharted grass.

Around the Network
Xoj said:

the scale of this game is huge.

that place is huge too, so it looks good for what it is, even though Oblivion did a good job on the grass.

PullusPardus said:
Xoj said:

that place is huge too, so it looks good for what it is, even though Oblivion did a good job on the grass.

the thing its just a texture, there is not a single grass on it , it reminds me of calm land in FFX. but then that was a ps2 game.

for a game with such budget one would expect at least match first uncharted grass :p

but it's the only -1 the game gets. and it's minor lol

Xoj said:
PullusPardus said:
Xoj said:

the thing its just a texture, there is not a single grass on it , it reminds me of calm land in FFX. but then that was a ps2 game.

for a game with such budget one would expect at least match first uncharted grass :p

but it's the only -1 the game gets. and it's minor lol

like i said on this thread, it might be cause of nostalgia

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2868301

if you are a long FF fan you would know how they always play with nostalgia in different ways. always.

very pretty screen shots.

I think it'll sell because it's that pretty.

Around the Network

field (Like grass) texture :(

Rest looks awesome!

I'm currently playing kz2...maybe thats why the screenshots don't look "incredible" to me. Anyway, can't wait for ffxiii regardless.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

PullusPardus said:
Xoj said:

Uncharted 2 isn't a free-roaming game though.  It has some non-linear paths you can take, but nothing on the scale that FF13 will have. 

I believe the reason for the bland grass (other than the size of the plains area) is the detailed monsters.  There are some really huge and detailed beasts in those plains. 

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

swyggi said:
PullusPardus said:
Xoj said:

Uncharted 2 isn't a free-roaming game though.  It has some non-linear paths you can take, but nothing on the scale that FF13 will have. 

I believe the reason for the bland grass (other than the size of the plains area) is the detailed monsters.  There are some really huge and detailed beasts in those plains. 

FF13 is open world?!

silicon said:
swyggi said:
PullusPardus said:
Xoj said:

FF13 is open world?!

yes? why not?