By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare Reflex already showing legs?

Of course Modern Warfare 2 was going to have a huge second week drop. With things marketed for heavily hyped openings, sales past that rely on word of mouth and post hype marketing.

But these are the percentage drops for them and Modern Warfare Reflex:

MW2 (PS3) 81.71%

MW2 (360) 83.09%

MWR (Wii) 22.49%

Now if the other two have lower third week drops, they might have legs post opening. Just for this game, the low drop for a game with almost no marketing, and barely any shelf space compared to the other two, is really promising.

EDIT: Please Disregard This And Lock. I've Started A More General Thread For The Game's Sales.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

One thing to consider that it has waaaaay less first week sales, so of course the other two are going to have a bigger drop....

But this will be exactly like World at War, and Reflex will definitely outsell W@W.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

So, you're deciding if something if something is showing legs or not after two weeks?

That's not nearly enough time. Try back later.

You can't really measure legs in this season... everything sells so much more and is very much in proportion to hardware sales (which increase every week, especially Wii+DS)...

Wii games are known for legs at any season - let's measure them after christmas.

Besides, you can't measure legs by 2 weeks sales.

its showing off them wii legs next couple of weeks should give us a really good idea were this game will end up on sales. I still think a mil. 22% decrease though is very good. would not suprise me if this game has a few increases also. good times.

Around the Network

wii only increases after release week on mature games. The best selling week of MWR is yet to come. Most people didnt see the nintendo channel trailer after the first week. This is the same trend WAW had(well waw NEVER had a nintendo channel trailer).
Of course this isnt gonna see MWR2 numbers, activision knows that, but their investment will pay off rather properly.I hope this encourages(as they stated before), MWR2 for wii rather quick.Although im entertaining the idea of a Wii exclusive COD rather than keep pushing the wii to emulate PS3, is gonna be harder from here.But if its exclusive it better has treyarch working on it.

its been 2 frikking weeks since it came out

these aren't legs!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

"One thing to consider that it has waaaaay less first week sales, so of course the other two are going to have a bigger drop...."

Did you even read the first paragraph, where I addressed why the larger drop for the other two is understandable?

"So, you're deciding if something if something is showing legs or not after two weeks?"

I didn't decide. I'm just stating it's possible. I wouldn't have put a question mark in the title if I thought it was already certain.

"Besides, you can't measure legs by 2 weeks sales."

Question mark in the title =/= measuring. I'm just stating it looks like it so far.

OF COURSE I'll see what happens later, and even note it on this thread.

Did any of you even read the whole OP?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

KylieDog said:
Legs/second week sales.

Same things right?

What part of the question mark in the title, indicating it might not be, so I'm merely asking, makes you think I'm stating it's the same thing?

It's not like it's buried in the OP, so might miht skip it. It's right there before you even click the thread.

Now I wish a mod would change the title just to add two more question marks at the end, just to make it clear I'm not stating it has legs already.