By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Malstrom is going to have a good laugh

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1050038p1.html

I cant believe how bad ign can get, seriously is this the best they can do? they basically pointed everything wrong whats wrong with them?

1)Modern Consoles evolve: Putting aside that the title had nothing to do with the topic, they basically said "they are charging us stuff the console should do from the very begginning how smart!"

2)Higher Developement costs means better games: Since when? it means less game, better graphics maybe, but no better games, all this has produced is the same types of game over and over because developers arent risking theirselves

3)Sequel Delays: .___. wtf? thas one hell of a lame excuse, this is an insult to the consoles

4)3D gamingis coming without new hardware: i really couldnt care less

5)New controls are coming without new hardware: whats so especial about it? i thought the NES started that trend, and the Wii just brought it back, why is it special?

6)Gaming is about more than graphics: its funny how they mention Guitar Hero, which is the only game not graphic centric on the HD twins, that argument fails without taking the wii in consideration, they are just piss off

7)Consoles are about more than gaming: .___. again, i couldnt care less, the wii proofs people do have dvd´s at their homes

8)Stability is a Good Thing: mmm... the PS2 is still selling right? now thats true "stability" according to them, this argument at best probes developers were being lazy before

9)We are not made of money: .___. one of the most expensive console ever has this argument to make it better? yet again, this argument fail wihout the wii

10) A new system doesnt necesaraly translate to market share: after all this time, they point out the wii as a succes but.. wtf? they even tried to make fun of it?

IGN can always mess it up MOAR

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network

Point 2 was about safer games. And it's actually a reason the HD games have fewer cool or experimental games than you'd see on the Wii, PSP, DS, or previous systems.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

What the...?

New controls are going to necessitate new platforms to go with them. Natal and the Wand are going to require a re-launch if they want to have significant market impact

The controls with the old hardware are just going to be experiments towards the new hardware. You can bet on that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

HD gaming is monopolizing all the talent, all the while disabling them from taking risks with new ideas.

There is far too much manipulation going on. We need to allow for the industry to go back to entertainment. Away from these toxic technology companies.

Around the Network

Stop seeing conspiracies that aren't there.

The article had nothing, literally NOTHING, to do with Nintendo or the Wii. It's just one of IGN AU's many almost, but not quite, entirely unfunny articles.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

elmerion said:

I cant believe how bad ign can get, seriously is this the best they can do? they basically pointed everything wrong whats wrong with them?

1)Modern Consoles evolve: Putting aside that the title had nothing to do with the topic, they basically said "they are charging us stuff the console should do from the very begginning how smart!"

2)Higher Developement costs means better games: Since when? it means less game, better graphics maybe, but no better games, all this has produced is the same types of game over and over because developers arent risking theirselves

3)Sequel Delays: .___. wtf? thas one hell of a lame excuse, this is an insult to the consoles

5)New controls are coming without new hardware: whats so especial about it? i thought the NES started that trend, and the Wii just brought it back, why is it special?

6)Gaming is about more than graphics: its funny how they mention Guitar Hero, which is the only game not graphic centric on the HD twins, that argument fails without taking the wii in consideration, they are just piss off

7)Consoles are about more than gaming: .___. again, i couldnt care less, the wii proofs people do have dvd´s at their homes

8)Stability is a Good Thing: mmm... the PS2 is still selling right? now thats true "stability" according to them, this argument at best probes developers were being lazy before

9)We are not made of money: .___. one of the most expensive console ever has this argument to make it better? yet again, this argument fail wihout the wii

10) A new system doesnt necesaraly translate to market share: after all this time, they point out the wii as a succes but.. wtf? they even tried to make fun of it?

You didn't understand the article at all dude. Not one bit.

1. They're saying the consoles evolve into what the NEXT gen would be. So instead of waiting for next gen for newer technology to be implimented into a console we can just upgrade our current consoles, which is cheaper than buying new hardware altogether

2. Higher development costs means developers take less risks and produce less original games. Next gen would shoot up dev costs even more

3. Development time has increased as things get more complex, newer, more complex hardware will only add to that, thus longer development cycles will ensue.

4. You may not care but that doesn't make their point moot.

5. The new controllers will help extend the life of the consoles. Fresh experiences help sustain console life. NES had a long life btw

6. Uh...did you even read this one? They mention GH because it's not a graphic centric game. THAT'S THE POINT. Why move onto the next consoles when graphics aren't all that important was the point they're trying to make. GH was an example of a great game with no focus on high end graphics.

7. How does Wii prove people have DVDs? What...

8. Stability keeps the industry from crashing. That goes for any industry.

9. You missed the point again. PS3 is one of the most expensive consoles ever (or was at one point) so people who invested in it are not ready to invest in another console once again, and if they are they can get a cheaper console this gen as opposed to a more expensive one next gen.

10. Their last point if pretty dumb but so is your response to it.

Just incase you didn't know this article is about why we should NOT move onto another gen faster. Try reading the whole thing rather than...whatever the hell it was you did.

From the last picture:

"Console war-leading gameplay. Does anyone else want to clock this kid in the head with his own balance board?"

Wow.... just wow!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Kantor said:
Stop seeing conspiracies that aren't there.

The article had nothing, literally NOTHING, to do with Nintendo or the Wii. It's just one of IGN AU's many almost, but not quite, entirely unfunny articles.

They did say they wanted to smack the Wii Fit kid over the head. Sarcasm or not, the resentment is just barely contained.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Edouble24 said:
elmerion said:

You didn't understand the article at all dude. Not one bit.

1. They're saying the consoles evolve into what the NEXT gen would be. So instead of waiting for next gen for newer technology to be implimented into a console we can just upgrade our current consoles, which is cheaper than buying new hardware altogether

2. Higher development costs means developers take less risks and produce less original games. Next gen would shoot up dev costs even more

3. Development time has increased as things get more complex, newer, more complex hardware will only add to that, thus longer development cycles will ensue.

4. You may not care but that doesn't make their point moot.

5. The new controllers will help extend the life of the consoles. Fresh experiences help sustain console life. NES had a long life btw

6. Uh...did you even read this one? They mention GH because it's not a graphic centric game. THAT'S THE POINT. Why move onto the next consoles when graphics aren't all that important was the point they're trying to make. GH was an example of a great game with no focus on high end graphics.

7. How does Wii prove people have DVDs? What...

8. Stability keeps the industry from crashing. That goes for any industry.

9. You missed the point again. PS3 is one of the most expensive consoles ever (or was at one point) so people who invested in it are not ready to invest in another console once again, and if they are they can get a cheaper console this gen as opposed to a more expensive one next gen.

10. Their last point if pretty dumb but so is your response to it.

Just incase you didn't know this article is about why we should NOT move onto another gen faster. Try reading the whole thing rather than...whatever the hell it was you did.

It seems like you didnt understand what i said, i know what the intention of the article was, im just pointing out how messed up IGN is, and for the guy that said stop seeing conspiracies i dont any conspiracy here, just bias

1-There is no real upgrade in updating your console to get cool new features

2-Thats just assuming console gaming keeps aiming that way, and here again look at the Wii, it has low developemnt costs, and its the wii the one who got Cooking Mama, Rune Factory, Trauma Center, and many games that would be considered flops on the other consoles

3-The same thing on point number 3, they are assuming development time will increase, why can they make an easier development console

4-I didnt make fun of this, i just pointed out i dont care

5-New controllers are great i love them, arcade sticks, light guns, even the balance board is cool, but.. this isnt a flagship for the HD twins, or is it?

6-Did you even read what i said? Guitar Hero is the ONLY not graphic centric game on the HD twins, its on the wii too anyway... they say graphics are not important, but im also sure they can´t mention a succesful game on the HD twins just based on the gameplay, do they even know a new console doesnt only mean better graphics? new consoles should bring new experiences

Ex: Modern Warfare 2: great graphics, Halo 3: great graphics, Uncharted: great graphics, Gears of War 2: great graphics

can´t you see the irony?

7-It was just an example... they keep pushing media on videogames, but people dont really buy consoles for that kind of stuff

8-And yet i dont see the HD twins representing stability

9-So, we are rewarding Sony for making a really expensive console, NO

10-What i said is dumb? my point stands, what they said was dumber

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!