By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can someone tell me the benifits of PSP 1000 vs 2000 vs 3000?

So I'm going to buy a PSP soon, and I would like to know what's the benefit between the three SKU's. You know, the ups and downs of each. :) Thanks, and happy thanksgiving.

Around the Network

The 3000 version is the best as it has all the features of the previous 2 with no drawbacks imo

The only real advantage the 1000 model has over the others is it has infared sensor so you can get an app turning it into a remote.......but thats where the advantages end. It has less memory compared to the 2000 and 3000 model (32mb vs 64mb) and is obviously bulkier.

The 2000 and 3000 model are  the same except the 3000 model has a bullt in mic but is known to have screen issues.

If I were you I would get the 2000 model because it seems like a better choice once you weigh in the pros and cons.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

DO NOT GET 1000, 2000 or 3000 is fine though

get 3000 or GO lol

Around the Network

from what i've experienced, ....1000 is easiest to mod.....
.... 2000 has better screen if you're picky about those little interlace lines that the 3000 has that you cant really see unless you stare extremely hard thatll give you a headache.....
.....3000 has better screen colour and brighter.
IMO, any of the later two would be fine.

Well lets just rule out the PSP1000 since it's a fat bastard and no one loves a fatty.

It's between the PSP200, and it all depends on what you want;

PSP2000 -
Can be modded (Although I'm against it)
It's slim
The screen colours look washed out
Has ghosting issues on screen

PSP3000 -
Can't be modded (See, this is what I like)
It's also slim
Antiglare on the screen
Built in mic
The screen has an amazing array of colours, and the difference is literally orgasmic
It has scanlines across, that are SO small you can't see them unless you hold it literally up to your eye and stare deeply, infact, you know how NOT bad it is ?... Look at a Samsung HDTV, since Samsung use a similar screen for their HDTV's, I've got two, they do it, my mates have Samsung HDTV's, they do it, it's really not as bad as everyone makes it out, they're practically invisible... infact, if you want to be safe, take your PS3 to someone with a Samsung HDTV, and on the XMB, just keep moving left and right, and you'll see the icons get really tiny lines through them, that's what people complain about, if anything moves really quickly onscreen, you see (Well, if you have OCD, 20/20 vision, and are holding it at point blank range whilst staring into the obyss), scanlines

Here's a couple of pictures to show you the difference in colour;
http://www.gamerchip.com/images/psp-2000-vs-psp-30011.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/08/8-21-08psp3v2.jpg

Seriously, if anyone tells you that the scanlines are SO bad that it's unplayable, they're entirely wrong, infact, if no one had said anything about 'em, you wouldn't even know...

Infact, if you go into a game store, ask if they can get one out for you so you can see for yourself...

PSP 3000>PSP 2000>>>PSP 1000

I have all 3

mM

I have a 1001. I feel 1/10th one of one percent more special than those PSP-1000 owners. It's fat, and it's proud. huh!

The slim is really nice, so I would not get new 1000 series today. Pick up a used 2000 and you are all set.

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'