By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which 3rd party company is the big winner this gen?

EA, they finally started making quality games this gen.

Around the Network

Activision without a doubt.

SuperAdrianK said:
MontanaHatchet said:
It's Ubisoft.

A lot of people will say Activision become they've grown a lot as a company, but so has Ubisoft. And unlike Activision, Ubisoft actually understands the market. While little ol' Activision repeats the same mistakes that led to EA's declines (but making EA look tame by comparison), Ubisoft continues to focus their efforts on the Wii and DS, producing casual games that give them pure profit. And with surefire hits like Tom Clancy and Assassin's Creed on the HD consoles, they incur few losses on games.

I may not always like Ubisoft, but they get it, and they're the big winner this gen.

When Activision had the biggest video game luanch you have to think that they understands somewhat of the maket... dont you think? Im sure mw and mw2 made profit.

Yeah, and releasing Call of Duty yearly is eventually going to hurt the franchise. They've killed off Guitar Hero by releasing dozens of games a year (Guitar Hero III selling more on consoles than Call of Duty 4). They have a serious problem making a successful game if it doesn't have the words "Call of Duty" or "Hero" in it. Seriously, look at the weekly charts. It proves my point exactly.

Capcom (Resident Evil series), Konami (Metal Gear Solid), and Activision (COD 2,3,4) are the only ones that come to mind. I really think because of Assassins Creed 1 & 2 that Ubisoft gets an honorable mention.

Activision-Blizzard without a doubt.
They have become the lead third party in term of marketshare and have the cash to invest in any project they want...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

EPIC. They made a killing from UE3.

4 ≈ One

Pepole say Activision, but... they are wrong.

Like Montana said, Activision killed off pretty much all of their franchises except from MW (they killed "CoD" too, since after WaW, pepole won't buy the next non-MW CoD based on brand alone).

And at some point, when CoD dies, Activision will make Treyarch work on MW games and than... MW will die too.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Activision.

Not for Guitar Hero or Call of Duty or any of that noise.

But for the Blizzard merger alone. They got WoW and StarCraft. They won the universe, and killed a piece of my soul.

In fact, if asked the opposite question, who was the biggest loser this gen... I'd say Blizzard, for the Activision merger alone.

Capcom should be thrown in the ring. What they've done with revitalizing many of their great series like Streetfighter, Resident Evil, etc is exceptional, plus they've done a lot on XBLA/PSN too with Megaman, SF HDR, etc. Plus introducing Lost Planet.

But Activision, Ubi, and Epic are all better choices, and all huge winners.

Garnett said:

You cant really count Epic as a 3rd party company since Gears is exclusive, I would say Activision wins.

unreal tournament 3.

Big winners ? we'll I'd say activision or epic. epic because of ue3, activision because they've been lucky. As a company, they've really fucked up statement wise though.

Check out my game about moles ^