By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSMBW is going to be MASSIVE in Japan. Preorders rank higher than NSMB DS.

darthdevidem01 said:
yay NICE update!

BTW FF13 went up by 100 I think so YAY for it too!

FFXIII went up 24pt.

Top 10 for Dec 01

1. Final Fantasy XIII 1589 pt (+24) 
  2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii 884 pt (+55)
  3. Phantasy Star Portable 2 498 pt (+19)
  4. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep 414 pt (-1)
  5. Mobile Suit Gundam Vs. Gundam NEXT Plus 367 pt (+18)
  6. Tales of Graces 294 pt (+2)
  7. Dragon Quest VI: The Realms of Reverie 232 pt (no change)
  8. Samurai Warriors 3 123 pt (no change)
  9. Stitch! DS: Rhythm and Ohana Adventure 91 pt (+3)
  10. Naruto Shippuden! Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 87 pt (+7)

Around the Network

loool Kingdom hearts (-1) :P

Btw, is the samurai warriors figure all 4 SKU's or just 1 of them?

kopstudent89 said:

Just 3 (standalone and CC Pro bundles).  No system bundle though.

jarrod said:
kopstudent89 said:

Just 3 (standalone and CC Pro bundles).  No system bundle though.

Thats good, and according to the preview, preorders are most likely abt 80k by now minimum. I'm interested in seeing how this sells cuz ToG seems like its gonna outsell this by alot(at least first week sales).

Daily update 1/12 with one day left of tracking:

NSMBW: 978pt (+94)
NSMB: 609pt (+68)

Much bigger increase today and it will cross the 1000 mark tomorrow in the last day =)

Around the Network

*Drools*

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Top 10: 1/12

1. Final Fantasy XIII 1610 pt (+21)
2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii 978 pt (+94)
3. Phantasy Star Portable 2 518 pt (+20)
4. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep 418 pt (+4)
5. Mobile Suit Gundam Vs. Gundam NEXT Plus 384 pt (+17)
6. Tales of Graces 301 pt (+7)
7. Dragon Quest VI: The Realms of Reverie 239 pt (+7)
8. Samurai Warriors 3 129 pt (+6)
9. Stitch! DS: Rhythm and Ohana Adventure 96 pt (+5)
10.Naruto Shippuden! Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 92 pt (+5)

Fun fact: New Super Mario Bros Wii grows more than the entire top 10 put together!

Fun fact indeed haha

ToG tracking well, and my bet is that its gna have a 200-250k opening week. Not bad at all... SW3 seems to be heading towards 140k'sh first week unless more people buy the game if NSMB drives hardware. I could see that happening

Never underestimate Mario's power. He's a real legend for moving tons of hardware and softwares. I wonder how much this 25 years-old franchise have earned since 1984.

I think Sengoku Musou 3's really being held back by the platform to be honest. Looking at Monster Hunter G/3, I sort of think Koei should've taken a similar approach and quick-ported Sengoku Musou 1-2 to Wii (bundled together, like Musou Orochi 1-2/Z on PS3) six months ago to start building an audience. As is, I think the majority of Musou fans will probably just sit it out and wait for the inevitable 360/PS3/PS2/PSP ports. :/

On the other hand, it may attract enough Musou fans to Wii to start ensuring the platform starts getting ports of future titles too (ie: Hokuto no Ken Musou, Gundam Musou 3, Shin Sangoku Musou 7, Musou Orochi 3, Shin Sangoku Musou Multi-Raid 2, etc).  Really, this is something Koei should've started doing YEARS ago, but better late than never I guess...