By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSMBW is going to be MASSIVE in Japan. Preorders rank higher than NSMB DS.

There is a site named Comgnet that ranks preorders for games in Japan and they update on a daily basis. They have a system with points and don´t ask me how it works but apparently they are trustworthy and a good tracker for preorder numbers. The big news is that they are tracking New Super Mario Bros Wii way higher in preorders than what New Super Mario Bros for DS did in the same timespan.

Today:

NSMB Wii with 465 pt (+43) (NSMB DS was at 289 pt, +21)

As you can see NSMBW is much higher and gaining much faster on a daily basis than the DS game. It´s not certain that the game is going to debut higher then the DS one but this is still very good news. This points to a huge hit for Nintendo when the game is released in a little over a week. I will predict right now that it will become the biggest debutselling game for Wii behind only Brawl and possibly even beating that one a scoring the best first week ever for a Wiigame in Japan.

My prediction for the first week: 750-950 k. It´s going to be massive folks!

Edit: New no guts no glory prediction: 900-1100 k. I think it will debut higher than New Super Mario Bros (did 856k, Famitsu)

If you want to have a look at Comgnet I found this site on "Nipponsalesage". There are links there to some other interesting sites as well.

Comgnet Daily Ranking

Chart archive: website

Around the Network

neato

and it deserves it

mM

I'm going with famitsu: 1m-1,25 M first week. Those numbers are good news, with ff13 at least two home consoles games will cross the million this christmas.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Also keep in mind when comparing games on this chart that "hardcore games" or whatever we´re supposed to call them (games like FF, Tales series, MH etc.) are higher represented in this list compared to games that sell with legs and that usually aren´t as likely to depend on huge preordernumbers. Mario is somewhere in the middle, not very dependent on huge points on Comgnet ranking system. NSMB for DS had a massive debut week with 865 k according to Famitsu but "only" had a final day ranking of 688 pt according to Comgnet when it comes to preorders. As you can see this makes NSMBW´s numbers look mighty good already.

Around the Network

The game deserves this. Although it is a controversial game, with some critics saying it's the weakest Mario.

lol the days of Nintendo seem to be back. ^_^

I'd still like to see some Wii games though.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

guiduc said:
The game deserves this. Although it is a controversial game, with some critics saying it's the weakest Mario.

Critics couldn't be more wrong with this one.

Games like Modern Warfare 2 get 10s like crazy and Mario struggles to get a 9, really sad.

NSMBWiii is just as good if not better than the other 2d mario games.

Luthor said:
I'm going with famitsu: 1m-1,25 M first week.

Wasn't that number first shipment?

This is invisible text!

ph4nt said:
guiduc said:

Critics couldn't be more wrong with this one.

Games like Modern Warfare 2 get 10s like crazy and Mario struggles to get a 9, really sad.

NSMBWiii is just as good if not better than the other 2d mario games.

Ive never played mw2 so I cant say anything about that...

But I do agree that nsmbwii is a great game, you dont get frustrated when you die (sometimes though), has 4 player co op which makes the experience more better, and the level designs were suppar! I think its the strongest 2-d mario games ever!