By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (11/16 - 11/22)

Hmmm. Big falls for PS3 & PSP, so close to Xmas...

DSi LL is going to own Xmas in Japan.

PSP Go is a disaster.

And the Wii & PS3 have a pretty good sales battle going - Wii should be up a lot next week though.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

i really want to see new super mario bros wii does in its first week. what were nsmbds's preorder numbers

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

I wonder how many are waiting for the limit PS3...Considering many waited for PS3 slim.

Who loves Mario in Japan and doesn't already own a Wii? Did you see MW2 sales around the world and then notice the miniscule (in comparison) HW lift for both 360 and PS3 (HW sales increase for the week = 0.91% of MW2 game sales for the week, for argument's sake lets assume the entire HW lift is down to MW2 and there is no seasonal element to the increase)?

What's the reasoning behind Mario causing anything more than a 20-30% lift in Wii HW as opposed to the 200-300% effect suggested by the Source? It will be fascinating to watch the HW effect of NSMB Wii.

If NSMB Wii HW boosting effect is 2% of software sales (which is more than double MW2's maximum possible HW boosting %) then at 1.3 million NSMB software sales for week 1 this equates to a 26K HW boost. A 50K lift means nearly 4%, a 75K lift means nearly 6%.

NSMB is an a somewhat unusual situation. It isn't the first Mario Game on Wii so it is not the first mario game for Wii, so like other games that are "sequels" the HW boost should not be that amazing. But it is the first 2-D side scrolling Mario game for the Wii, so in another respect it has no predecessor meaning one can expect a somewhat better HW boost than for a popular game that is the direct descendant of an existing game (MW2 being the direct descendant of MW1).

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

@ binary solo:

Please consider the following -

MW2 =/= 2D Mario

Other Mario games =/= 2D Mario

That is all.

Around the Network

its interesting to see that Wii seems to be around 10k lower than last yr number.. n PS3 is going to be 10k higher than last yr number.. (using the current Famitsu leaked numbers for week ending Nov 22)

So i if i m looking at it i see PS3 has been given around 60% boast with the slim n price cut n Wii still hardly matching last yr number after a price cut...

So overall things are still not convincing for Wii in my view...

^^ true but AC released on the wii same time last yr. i think December numbers will show us whether Wii numbers are strong enough

PS3 and Wii tied and the PSP Go is doing crap as usual.

lol looks Famitsu doesn't even care about the 360 HW Sales. Or maybe the OP forgot to include it here.

2D Mario games have millions more fans than any type of game starring Mario. In Japan, I think the 3D Mario games are almost seen as spinoffs. Like I said in the previous post, DS also had a 3D Mario when NSMB DS released. Super Mario 64 DS and Super Mario Galaxy figures in Japan aren't dissimilar, and NSMB Wii / NSMB DS should behave similarly despite the different platforms just as the 3D Mario games did in Japan.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I would have gotten a wii on friday, but my father is being an A$$, I can't get Uncharted this week either..

mM