By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (11/16 - 11/22)

The December will be devided between PS3 and WII thats obviously due to the game releases of the Consoles. Now it depends all on the performance of NSMBWII and FF13. They will decide everything. FF13 releases at the peak of the holidays.

After FF 13 release we will know who has "won" the Holidays. I am pretty confident that FF13 will be stronger then some people expect. I think it will be in the FFX range in Japan. And it will move a lot consoles. The Impact of NSMBWII will be seen pretty soon. Even though I think it will be a systemseller I think it will move lesser systems then FF13. And Wii is already behind the PS3 by a noticable margin (in the Race 5Mn vs 10Mn).

I am pretty curios what numbers for the PS3 and the Wii are posted by the other sources. Is the PS3 tendentially behind the Wii or vice versa ?

Around the Network

Wii about 100k behind PS3 ytd iirc. December could easily increase or reverse that... Wii traditionally gets much bigger holiday boosts and has NSMBWii, but PS3's coming of the hugely successful slim "relaunch" and has FFXIII. It's really anyone's game, though I think PS3 would have better odds if all it's B games hadn't slipped to Q1 2010 (while Wii still has Pokepark, Tales of Graces, Sengoku Musou 3, etc).

We have Wii and PS3 within 30,000 if you look on the YTD page for Japan under charts - but Wii is ahead. Media Create and Famitsu figures have Wii slightly ahead YTD as well. Both are right around 1.2m units through November 15/22

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

So basically, PS3 will be under Wii in VGchartz ranking, won't it?

DS is really amazing. And to think some people called it a fad. In other news looks like Wii rose and PS3 dropped. PSP go is starting to look like a flop. Why no 360 HW..is it that bad? lol.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
DS is really amazing. And to think some people called it a fad. In other news looks like Wii rose and PS3 dropped. PSP go is starting to look like a flop. Why no 360 HW..is it that bad? lol.

Starting? It was doomed before it even was released.

Yes DS is amazing, selling this great on the forth revision. It´s truly amazing.

Wii is rising and should have a good December. PS3 is doing very good as well, in fact the console has never performed this well in it´s entire lifetime I should say. We´ll be exciting to see who is runner-up this generation in Japan behind DS. Will it be PSP,Wii or PS3?

Huh FFCC:CB only lasted a week in the top 10. It's funny how some people were quoting Reggie's statement about how the psp go wasn't targeted to anyone and trying to apply it to the DSILL.

It would be funny if the 360 sold no hardware last week.

how many more ds's r there gna be..............

As popular as the DS is in Japan, it looks like the DS will overtake Game Boy lifetime figures in Japan the latest. DS is already bigger than GB in Others by more than 10%. DS will overtake GB in the Americas in the next six months. In Japan, its probably a year or more away yet (GB LTD shipments = 32.47m, DS LTD Shipments = 28.12m through Sept 2009).

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Total GB sales are 118 million and DS will soon pass that christmas I bet, Will the DS ever top the PS2 and top 150 million in the future?

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d