By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (11/16 - 11/22)

Next week PS3 will drop behind Wii, likely for the rest of the year, though it may spike enough to be #1 FFXIII week. All in all though, the slim's been a miracle worker for PS3, worldwide... Nintendo and Microsoft really need to look hard at similar refreshes for 2010 imo.

Around the Network
newbie3 said:
Last week Famitsu had the Ps3 and Wii tied at 33k hardware I think..then when media create came out it had it like 39k PS3 and 27k Wii, which obviously made the PS3 look a lot better. I wonder if that will happen again.

29k may be the lowest PS3 has been post Slim or close? Anybody know?

Last week Famitsu had the PS3 at 33,000 and the Wii at 23,000.

STEKSTAV said:
No 360 HW?

Yeah, I want to see if it's ahead of PSP Go or not...

Paul said:

And how about that Tomodachi Collection, sleeper hit of the year. Will it make 3 million?

Also, Sony should have called the Go the PSP no Go. Haha... hahahaha.

Some people around the webs call it the PSP No - which I think is a much funnier misnomer.

jarrod said:
Next week PS3 will drop behind Wii, likely for the rest of the year, though it may spike enough to be #1 FFXIII week. All in all though, the slim's been a miracle worker for PS3, worldwide... Nintendo and Microsoft really need to look hard at similar refreshes for 2010 imo.

They might be close again next week, but yeah this might be the end of PS3 serge. I have said it many times, December is a Wii month in JAPAN.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
jarrod said:

They might be close again next week, but yeah this might be the end of PS3 serge. I have said it many times, December is a Wii month in JAPAN, AMERICA, and OTHERS.

Fixed.

We'll se how taiko performs. first week numbers are a bit low, but the price has been upped. it should do abt 200-300k though i predict

Kenology said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:

They might be close again next week, but yeah this might be the end of PS3 serge. I have said it many times, December is a Wii month in JAPAN, AMERICA, and OTHERS.

Fixed.

I agree

in fact if anything Japan may NOT be a wii month in Japan due to the 13th Fantasy Epic

but in EU & NA it 100% WILL be a wii month even if 360's get a price cut!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kopstudent89 said:
We'll se how taiko performs. first week numbers are a bit low, but the price has been upped. it should do abt 200-300k though i predict

200-300k would be right in line with previous Taiko legs.  First week comparisons with Taiko Wii 1 may be a bit skewed though, since the previous game launched right in the middle of the holiday season.

wii's as usual is gonna be way ahead of ps3 and 360 this holiday! ps3 is gonna sqash the 360 though..