By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Natal will put 360 on top for the rest of the generation

Hus said:
jarrod said:
Hus said:
jarrod said:
Hus said:
jarrod said:

RE5's the only 3rd party game in that list.  Also the only retail game iirc.

Grand Slam Tennis was also (unofficially) announced btw.

id take 1st party over 3rd any day, Sony cares about their wand and will push quality software for it.  3rd partys might just throw shovelware at natal like they did for the wii.

Retail or not does not matter, just add a coupon for a free psn game with the wand and probelm solved.

If you favor 1st party games over 3rd party, you should get a Wii...

sure if i favored casual family waggle type games.  But i dont so no.

out of the 14 games on my desk, 11 are sony.

Fair enough.  I'm sure casual fluff like Fire Emblem, Mario Galaxy or Sin & Punishment 2 isn't really worth your time anyway.

LMAO so your arguing agianst wii beaing majority casual fluff.  Get over the fact some one does not care about wii stuff.

As long as no one tops GT i will only buy a ps console, and as long as Yamauchi lives that wont happen. 

Majority?  Looking at Nintendo's actual output, that really isn't the case at all... besides, I don't think Sony's even capable of making something as unaccessible, obtuse and "hardcore" as Fire Emblem.

Around the Network
jarrod said:

Majority?  Looking at Nintendo's actual output, that really isn't the case at all... besides, I don't think Sony's even capable of making something as unaccessible, obtuse and "hardcore" as Fire Emblem.

Demon's souls says hi.

iam basing it of wiis big sellers, what sale best is casual stuff right.

I see what you're doing Okey Dokey. You're predicting something that most probably isn't going to happen so if it does you look brilliant. I can do the same thing. Watch...

Next baseball season the Cubs will win the World Series. Also, I will be dating a three Playboy bunnies simultaneously.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
I see what you're doing Okey Dokey. You're predicting something that most probably isn't going to happen so if it does you look brilliant. I can do the same thing. Watch...

Next baseball season the Cubs will win the World Series. Also, I will be dating a three Playboy bunnies simultaneously.

Ok, I ll remember both predictions =P jaja

Metroid: Other M

I just wish people would get over this hype. Natal is not going to put 360 on top. The most it will give it is a small spike in sales. Just like Sony's wands for the PS3, it will mostly sell to those who already have a 360. The main reason being it's too late in this gen. Wii has already conquered the market that both are aiming at with these devices. Personally, the only thing I think could help the Wand is if the final design allows for it to be used with all PS3 games, or if there was some killer software. But that would only help it see a slight success in pushing hardware. I think the same goes for Natal.

There's 2 bad things about hype, though:

1. It can lead to even bigger dissapointment, which in turn leads to a larger embarrasment for the company who hyped it so much. This can cause a product that might have sold so-so, to just completely fail. I mean think about what we've seen so far from Natal. The only games we actually have vids of are slightly enhanced Eye Toy games. And yes, I understand Natal is an evolution in the tech, but what good is being able to track someone better if the ending game is basically the same? Speaking of tracking, I have yet to see a vid where Natal doesn't bug out in some way when trying to track someone's movements. Resulting in either a delay in tracking or the avatar on screen screwing up.

2. Pushing hype too early means it's mostly all died out by the time your product releases. And that's already starting to become the case with Natal. Shortly after E3, we got story after story about how revolutionary Natal was or how it has won X award. I barely see or hear any of that now, minus people on gaming sites talking about how it will either fail or succeed.

Another thing is price. Everyone wants to talk about how revolutionary Natal is, with its wire frame tech, face/voice recognition and built in processor, and that is why it will succeed. But one must remember, with R&D and revolution comes cost. One of the main reasons Wii was successful was it's new control tech was at launch, not after the fact, and its affordability. Natal will have none of those, as I can't see it being put out for under $100, unless MS will sell at a loss to try and get an install base established. Also the Wand is set to release about 2 quarters before Natal, most likely at a cheaper price. So whether it's a success or failure, it's going to steal some of the wind out of Natal's sails.

Around the Network
Hus said:
huaxiong90 said:
nightsurge said:
^Huaxiong, see above post. I just used that post to refer to the other dude.

The people downing Natal, on the other hand, should realize that Microsoft wouldn't throw away millions on purchasing 3DV if they don't see it as a wise investment.

and that some how proves natal will be a run away success, some one spent moeny on it. 

Toyota spent billions on F1 and never even won a single race bud.

Not what I meant at all. Just that given it's being handled by Microsoft, who know their business, it shouldn't be dismissed either (and yes, I know Ms aren't perfect, and can screw this up).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

sometimes i wonder if Natal will be As Successful as the Wiis Wiimote or DS's Touch or as unsuccessful as the Sega Dreamcast or PSP GO

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

A bold and, I suspect, erroneous claim, but one that, if it does come off, you can brag about. Don't hold your breath though is my advice.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Hus said:
jarrod said:

Demon's souls says hi.

You mean the game they had to farm out to FROM Software?  Yes, a true testament to Sony's ability to spend and contract when they themselves are clearly incapable...

And even, Wii's big (million+) sellers are more weighted to "established traditional" rather than "new casual".

jarrod said:
Hus said:
jarrod said:

Demon's souls says hi.

You mean the game they had to farm out to FROM Software?  Yes, a true testament to Sony's ability to spend and contract when they themselves are clearly incapable...

And even, Wii's big (million+) sellers are more weighted to "established traditional" rather than "new casual".

Umm...you do know that both Sony and From Software worked on it, right? Sony decided to work with them to make a definitive King's Field successor.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!