By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Natal will put 360 on top for the rest of the generation

nightsurge said:

iam not arguing for wand having 14 3rd party aaa titles on launch.

But natal supporters act as if just becasue MS said Se will support it, natal will have a exclusive FF on launch. 

Basic logic says 14/18 months is not enough to make a quality hd game, add fact that they first have to familirize them selfs with natal its capabilities and then come up with a game that suits it. 

Just not gonna happen thats reality.

Around the Network
Hus said:
nightsurge said:

But natal supporters act as if just becasue MS said Se will support it, natal will have a exclusive FF on launch. 

Basic logic says 14/18 months is not enough to make a quality hd game, add fact that they first have to familirize them selfs with natal its capabilities and then come up with a game that suits it. 

No one EVER said anything about these 14 games being AAA.  Nor did anyone EVER say that this meant SE would have an exclusive FF on Natal launch.  It seems YOU are the one getting overly worried and upset about the positive outlook of Natal.  Are you upset that everyone in the both the industry and just regular gamers, non-gamers, casuals are receiving and hyping Natal more than PS3 wand?

If your basic logic says that 14-18 months isn't enough to make a quality HD game, then does this mean that every launch game for the PS3 wand will be utter and discusting tripe since it only have half the time?

I think you are assuming a little too much about the situation or have your own personal judgements mixed up in all this...

nightsurge said:
Hus said:
nightsurge said:

No one EVER said anything about these 14 games being AAA.  Nor did anyone EVER say that this meant SE would have an exclusive FF on Natal launch.  It seems YOU are the one getting overly worried and upset about the positive outlook of Natal.  Are you upset that everyone in the both the industry and just regular gamers, non-gamers, casuals are receiving and hyping Natal more than PS3 wand?

If your basic logic says that 14-18 months isn't enough to make a quality HD game, then does this mean that every launch game for the PS3 wand will be utter and discusting tripe since it only have half the time?

I think you are assuming a little too much about the situation or have your own personal judgements mixed up in all this...

I dont give a rats ass about natal or wand, wand is not some console savior to me like Natal is to 360 owners these days.

Iam not worried about natal couse i know its success will be mediocre, just like i knew PS3 would do well BR would win and Forza would do shit all vs GT.  Some things are easy enough to see. 

- 360 is the wrong console for natal, its the wrong user base to release a add on and expect success.

- If they really wanted to push it and really believed in it.  It would be the focal control scheme of the next xbox.  But its not, this is more of an experiment for them.  Thats how i see it.

- And any logical person knows 3rd party devs will not invest millions on game development for a add on.  They wont take the risk its not worth it unless MS is funding all of their natal game development.  They have better options much safer ones, natal will not be a priority for any of them.

- Next is their capability i question.  Look at their wii support its quite lacking 3rd partys cant come up with quality software for it.  You think they magically will with natal.

huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
binary solo said:

Do we know the PSWand doesn't have 3rd parties on board? The only 3rd party studio I've read about who mentioned Natal also said they are working on the Wand too. And isn't RE5 made by a 3rd party...which is confirmed as having PSWand functionality? 

Not really.  So far Activision Blizzard, Capcom, THQ, EA, Take 2, Bethesda Softworks, Disney Interactive, Namco Bandai, Konami, Square Enix, Sega, MTV Games, Grasshopper Manufacture and Ubisoft have all committed game support to Project Natal.  Namco, EA and SE (Taito) all had playable E3/TGS demos.  And it's still a year away, with a rumored 14+ launch games at retail.

So far EA and Capcom have committed to PS3 Motion support.  They each announced one game (RE5AE and Grand Slam Tennis) with the demo for the former first showing at TGS.  And it releases in March, with (so far) one retail game and maybe some PSN titles.

Sony haven't even announced who's supporting the wand.

Well, it comes out in just a few months... what are they waiting for exactly?

They don't need to announce who's supporting the wand. No point really. They should let the software at launch do the talking.

Launch is only 4 months away... again, what's everyone waiting for?  Is it going to launch with just RE5Gold?

Ape Escape

Under Siege

Motion Party

RE5: Alternate Edition

LBP Motion

Eyepet

Echochrome 2

Eccentric Soldier

Sing and Draw

Champions of Time

The Shoot

Tower

PAIN!

Flower

Hustle Kings

High Velocity Bowling

Those are what are announced. I might've missed a few. I'll see gameplay before I judge.

RE5's the only 3rd party game in that list.  Also the only retail game iirc.

Grand Slam Tennis was also (unofficially) announced btw.

I know, but first party software can just as equally be a driving factor in sales as third party software (if not more). Simply announcing 3rd party support doesn't say much. Software speaks louder than company names. In the end, we'll see what happens. We can't judge now, because for one, we don't know much details regarding the support of third parties, or the mentioned games (they're all working titles).

Well, it can... but so far this gen, only Nintendo and (to a far lesser extent) Microsoft have proven that out.  Sony's 1st party studios have pushed out some great games this gen, but they've so far been unable to really develop games proven to drive hardware.

I'd also argue that while 3rd party commitments themselves don't prove much out, it's more the deafening lack of 3rd party commitment that's more worrying for the Swand.  This close to launch we only know about 2 games and no one else has really stepped up, that in itself isn't exactly encouraging.

Yes if they advertise it like the Wii. So i do think Natal can put 360 on top this gen.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Hus said:
jarrod said:

id take 1st party over 3rd any day, Sony cares about their wand and will push quality software for it.  3rd partys might just throw shovelware at natal like they did for the wii.

Retail or not does not matter, just add a coupon for a free psn game with the wand and probelm solved.

If you favor 1st party games over 3rd party, you should get a Wii...

jarrod said:
Hus said:
jarrod said:

id take 1st party over 3rd any day, Sony cares about their wand and will push quality software for it.  3rd partys might just throw shovelware at natal like they did for the wii.

Retail or not does not matter, just add a coupon for a free psn game with the wand and probelm solved.

sure if i favored casual family waggle type games.  But i dont so no.

out of the 14 games on my desk, 11 are sony.

Hus said:
jarrod said:
Hus said:
jarrod said:

Fair enough.  I'm sure casual fluff like Fire Emblem, Mario Galaxy or Sin & Punishment 2 isn't really worth your time anyway.

I think Natal will help re-coup some of the console sales losses they had against Sony from this xmas all the way till It's release, but other then that I don't see it taking off as much as Microsoft wishes. It should keep Microsoft afloat for second place till the 720 is out regardless. If MS thinks third place is a real bad thing and the 360 doesn't sell with another price drop and Natal then look for a 720 out in 2 years rather then 3-4+ everyone has been predicting.

It's just that simple.

jarrod said:
Hus said:
jarrod said:
Hus said:
jarrod said:

Fair enough.  I'm sure casual fluff like Fire Emblem, Mario Galaxy or Sin & Punishment 2 isn't really worth your time anyway.

LMAO so your arguing agianst wii beaing majority casual fluff.  Get over the fact some one does not care about wii stuff.

As long as no one tops GT i will only buy a ps console, and as long as Yamauchi lives that wont happen.