By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Natal will put 360 on top for the rest of the generation

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Just because they're in first doesn't mean they're going to stop trying. If Natal starts stealing Wii sales and marketshare, Nintendo aren't just gonna sit there and do nothing about it. They cut the price this year to keep ahead of the PS3.

Emphasis on "if".

Microsoft DIDN'T steal Nintendo's market share yet. They announced something that works with waggle, and the Wiimote also works with waggle, so there is at least 1 obscure connection between the two.

Do you think that Natal will steal market share simply because it's related to waving your limbs? If not, it is Microsoft that is yet to prove that they can competite with the Wiimote to begin with, and AFTER that, Nintendo must react. 

Around the Network

There will be a lot of hype on its release, how it out Wiis the Wii etc, the Media wants something new to write about. Of course shinny new things eventually become old news.

Natal is still unproven obviously, how much resources would 3rd parties put into a first gen Natal game? And among all the developers that are supposed to be on board, what if 2 of them made the same game? Will there be bitterness lol. However, they really do just need one good title for the system to look attractive.

On top of everything, a lot of people still hate or don't trust MS, due to their history in computers.

And what about RROD issues, theres a gonna be a lot of angry females when they can't finish their aerobics. Gaming nerds are different, they are tolerant because they invested (all?) their money into 360 games and probably its the most fun thing they have in their lives.

I think a lot of people know that this is a money grab move by MS, and so are skeptical of the outcome, unlike Nintendo's motivation of making fun amusing products, for Microsoft its M.O.N.E.Y.

Microsoft are the FUD masters, it is what they do best. Doesn't seem to be working though, maybe it doesn't work as well outside the controlled world of corporate software

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'

I really don't think it's going to make THAT much of an impact.

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Sign me up as well :)

Natal is going to kick so much ass :)

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Paperdiego said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
On top of Sony, very possible, Wii, not so much

What do you think Nintendo will do to compete? More price cuts? Vitality Sensor? Please elaborate.

Also, to be clear--I DON'T think the 360 will beat Wii's lifetime sales. I do think the PS3 will be a distant third, though. And Sony's wand will be a flop.

here is your problem okeydokey. your in denial.

the question isnt "what do you think nintendo will do to compete?"

This generation is nintendo's, the questions you should be asking are: 

"what will sony do to compete?" or "what will mircosoft do to compete?"

Nintendo isnt the underdog here. They are the ones setting the trends.

(natal? sony wand? touch gen titles? etc...?)

Last Gen was Playstation, this gen is Wii.

Sure, you dont have to like it but if you arent willing to admit the facts... well then there is no hope.

Just because they're in first doesn't mean they're going to stop trying. If Natal starts stealing Wii sales and marketshare, Nintendo aren't just gonna sit there and do nothing about it. They cut the price this year to keep ahead of the PS3.

I wasnt saying that they should stop trying. I just wanted to pint out that you are making it sound like microsoft is the one in the driver seat becasue they announced natal.

the fact is natal is a response to the Wii not the other way around. Nintendo doesnt need to "compete" or come out with something sepcial.

they already have the motion plus. that is all they need until the new generation.

hello how are you.

Hey I demand to be added as a believer in the OP. :)

I agree. I believe NATAL to be huge. Next years E3 will be ALL about NATAL. Nothing else will get press time.

libellule said:
nightsurge said:
dsister44 said:
dsgrue3 said:
Zlejedi said:
Natal will flop and so will Sony wands.

That's my brave prediction.

This. 100this's. Anyone who says otherwise is dreaming. What do the hardcore gamers buy? 360/PS3. What do the casual gamers buy: Wii. Unless MS or Sony are hiding some pretty big secret games for E3 2010 to go with this new technology neither one will be gaining much attention if any.

Only people who browse the internet for information about games and consoles and whatever even care about this. I can promise you none of my friends even know about Natal or the Wand. And yes they ALL own consoles.

Somebody should tell them. Poor Microsoft. They spent millions of dollars buying 3DV. Maybe just maybe they will see these super insightful posts on a forum from people that obviously know the market better than Microsoft and Sony

LOL!  THIS!

Natal has been on Morning News Shows, late night shows, and on demo at lots of events.  Trust me, even a lot of casuals have heard about Natal and will keep hearing more as we get closer to release.

to put it clear and close the discussion :

INTERNET HYPE : EYE PET <<< Natal project

WW MEDIA HYPE : EYE PET >>> NATAL project

and when you consider Eye Pet is not big at all ...

I m not bashing Natal, neither saying MS will not support it with massive marketing

BUT RIGHT NOW, NATAL is close to nothing for the casual ...

EDIT : I have taken Eye pet cause it is a sort of "motion control game" using eye toy
it is released and has been in every big gaming event and REAL PUBLIC has tested it
from journalist to gamer and even the casual ones ...

(but we, hardcore gamers, just dont give a shit about it ;))

Sorry but no. WW media is NATAL not Eye Pet.

After E3 NATAL was on the 6'oclock news 2 days running. And on morning TV shows which are mainly watched by mums and middle aged women. GMTV and This Morning. It's penetration was deep. And they even tryed it out on the shows.

I wouldnt be suprised if it sky rockets sales...
but I wouldnt be suprised if it flops either...
I say 50/50 of it being sucessful or not...

First of all, whatever what natal or anything will have ZERO effect on Japan market of XBOX 360. XBOX 360 is DEAD in JAPAN.

Second, What i have found in NATAL is just a "DEMO" not even have a live demo show what natal is. That mean this technology is still not mature in current status.

PLAYSTATION 3 "EYE PET" is already using "NATAL" technology (to be clean, NATAl is using PLAYSTATION EYE TOY technology plus 3D).

If Natal is good idea NINTENDO would have it in Wii already.

All the thing is just a dream from m$ and nothing more. hope it can release in XBOX720